(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Ross: So, you gals wanna hand over your money now? That way, we don't have to go through the formality of actually playing.
现在可以交出钱来吗?如此我们就不必正式玩了。
Rachel: Ooooh, that's fine. We'll see who has the last laugh there, monkey boy.
不,我倒要看看谁笑到最后,猴子男。
Monica: OK, we done with the chitchat? Are we ready to play some serious poker?
聊完了没?可以开始玩真的没?
Phoebe: Hey you guys, look, the oneeyed jack follows me wherever I go. Right, OK, serious poker.
你们看,独眼杰克(J)到处跟踪我,好,玩真的。
Joey: Hi, Mon, got any more of those salmon?
莫妮卡,你还有三文鱼吗?
Monica: You want to eat or play poker? Excuse me, where are you going?
你到底是吃东西还是玩牌?不好意思,你要上哪儿去?
Ross: Uh... to the bathroom.
去浴室。
Monica: Do you want to go to the bathroom, or do you wanna play poker?
你想上厕所还是玩牌?
Ross: I want to go to the bathroom.
我想上厕所。
Joey: Alright, well, I'm gonna order a pizza.
好吧,我想去点个匹萨。
Rachel: Oh nonononono, I'm still waiting to hear from that job and the store closes at nine, so you can eat then.
哦,不。我还在等工作的电话,匹萨店9点钟关门,到时你可以再去吃。
Joey: That's fine. I'll just have a TicTac to hold me over.
好吧。那我吃一个薄荷糖提提神吧。
Monica: Alright, Cincinnati, no blinds, everybody ante.
好了,未见牌不得下注。
Phoebe: Yes! ... or no.
下!或者不下。
Ross: Alright. Your money's mine, Green
你的钱是我的了Green。
Rachel: Your fly is open, Geller.
你的拉链没拉上,Geller。
Phoebe: You guys, you know what I just realized? "Joker" is "poker" with a "J." Coincidence?
我刚刚才了解到, 十一点上有个J. 巧合吗?
Chandler: Hey, that's... that's "joincidence" with a "C"!
那是J碰巧和C在一起!
Joey: Uh... Phoebe? Phoebe?
Phoebe?Phoebe?
Phoebe: Yeah. Um... I'm out.
跟不跟是“in or out”,我不跟了。
Rachel: I'm in.
我跟。
Monica: Me too.
我也跟。
Joey: Me too. Alright, what do you get.
我也跟,好了,你有什么牌。
Ross: Well, you better hop out of the shower, cause... I gotta flush.
你最好逃出浴室, 因为我拿五张同花。
Rachel: Well, well, well, hop back in bucko, cause I got four sixes! I won! I actually won! Oh my God! You know what? I think I'm gonna make a little Ross pile.I think that one was Ross's, and I think—oh—that one was Ross's. Yes! Well, I have got your money, and you'll never see it...
好的好的好的,回来吧小子,因为我拿了四张六!我赢了……我真的赢了!我的天哪!你们知道吗?我要把小罗斯堆起来。我想这是罗斯的,那个也是罗斯的。我赚到你的钱,你在无法看到它了……
Rachel: And your fly's still open...
你的拉链依然没拉上……
Rachel: Ha, I made you look...
哈,我让你低头看了……
影片简介
Rachel腻烦了当女侍应,送出许多简历应聘:她在第五大道上(首屈一指的)Saks Fifth Avenue百货公司得到面试机会。Ross为Rachel倾倒。男人们玩扑克牌,三个女人也想加入,男人们犹豫着答应了。女人们初学乍练输掉了第一局,想再玩一次。争强好胜的Monica一发不可收拾……
重点讲解
背景知识:
1. gal: [口语] =girl
2. TicTac: 一种薄荷糖
3. chitchat: [light informal conversation for social occasions] 闲谈
4. Cincinnati: 这是一种家庭扑克牌(Home game)的玩法,又称之为Utah, Lamebrains, or California, widow game 和southern cross也与此相似。Cincinnati 的具体玩法是每个人都发5张牌,牌底朝下(face down),剩下的牌则放在桌子中央。先下一轮注(a round of betting),然后由牌童(houseman)或发牌人(dealer)揭开桌子中央底牌底(turn up the central card),每揭开一张又下一轮注, 在最后一张牌揭晓时(showdown),每个玩家选用他手上最好的5张牌比大小。
5. no blinds, everybody ante: 未见牌不得下注。ante和blinds都是下注的方式。ante是出牌(deal)前所下的注,而且不算作下回赌注中的一部分;blinds则恰恰相反,在不看自己的下一张牌时就下注,而且会成为下次赌注的一部分。
blind: 【牌戏】未见牌而先下的赌注,(看牌之前下的)先行赌注 ante: 扑克牌戏(预或先)下(赌注或赌金)
6. Green: 有菜鸟的意思
7. fly:(西服,尤指男子裤子前面的)纽扣遮盖;(遮盖着的)纽扣(或拉链等)
8. joker: 【牌戏】百搭(可充作任何一张牌或作王牌)
9. flush: 旺盛,满盈的【牌戏】(一手)同花牌[参较 royal flush, straight flush]
flush: 是5张牌都是同花不连成一句话:一手牌(hand)比大小时,four of kind>full house>flush>straight。Four of kind是4张一样的,大概相当于4个炸弹。Full House是指5张牌中有3张一样的(3个k)和2张一样的(2个3),straight flush是同花顺,Straight是5张牌连成一句话(56789),但不同花色。
10. throw in: 【纸牌】弃(牌)
短语学习:
1. hand over: 交出,交给
eg. Refusing to hand over technology would mean ceding a major source of growth and profit.
拒绝交出技术意味着放弃了一个重要的增长及利润来源。
2. hold sb over: 提神
eg. A candy bar should hold you over until lunch.
糖块就不错,能帮你撑到中午。
3. zip up: 拉上拉链 zip: 拉链;拉开(或扣上)拉链
eg. Slowly button his shirt, and let him zip up your skirt.
慢慢扣上他的衬衫,让他拉上你的裙子拉链。
4. lay down: 放下
eg. Science boys, lay down your pipettes, go forth and get laid.
理科男生们,放下你们的吸量管,出去找人上床吧。