《老友记》视听精讲第129课:躺下吧,妈!
日期:2012-09-03 16:44

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Ross:Sorry.
对不起。
Ross:Hi. Sorry I'm late. Where's, where's Carol?
抱歉,我迟到了。Carol在哪儿?
Susan:Stuck at school. Some parentteacher thing. You can go. I'll get the information.
学校有事,老师和家长间的事。你可以走了,我留下来上课。
Ross:No... No... No. I think I should stay, I think we should both know what's going on.
不,不,不。我想我应该留下来。我们两个都该知道这事情是怎么样的。
Susan:Oh, good. This'll be fun.
很好,一定会很有意思的。
Teacher:Alrighty. We're gonna start with some basic third stage breathing exercises, so Moms, why don't you get on your back? And... coaches, you should be supporting Mommy's head.
好的。首先是第三阶段基本呼吸练习。各位妈妈请躺下,教练们支撑妈妈们的头。
Ross and Susan:What? What? What?
什么?什么?什么?
Susan:I am supposed to be the mommy?
我该当妈妈吗?
Ross:Okay, I'm gonna play my sperm card one more time.
好吧,我再打一次精子牌。
Susan:Look, I don't see why I should have to miss out on the coaching training just because I'm a woman.
我不懂为什么只因我是个女人,我就得错过教练训练。
Ross:I see. So what do you propose to do?
了解,你说该怎么办?
Susan:I will flip you for it.
掷铜板。
Ross:Flip me for it? No, no, no... heads, heads, heads!
掷铜板?不,不,不……头,头,头。
Susan:On your back... Mom.
躺下吧,妈。
Teacher:Alright, Mommies, take a nice deep cleansing breath.
各位妈妈们,请深深地吸口气。
Teacher:Good. Now imagine your vagina is opening like a flower.
很好,现在请想像你的阴道像花一样绽放着。
Chandler:Mr. D, how's it going, sir?
D先生,如何?
Mr. Douglas:Oh, it's been better. The Annual Net Usage Statistics are in.
好多了,年度净值已经算出来了。
Chandler:And?
然后呢?
Mr. Douglas:It's pretty ugly. We haven't seen an ANUS this bad since the seventies.
奇惨无此,70年代之后没这么惨过。
Chandler:So what does this mean?
这代表什么?
Mr. Douglas:Well, we're gonna be lay off people in every department.
每个部门都得裁员。
Chandler:Hey, listen, I know I came in late last week, but I slept funny, and my hair was very very dash.
听着,虽然我上星期迟到,我那天睡姿不良把头发睡塌。
Mr. Douglas:Not you. Relax. Ever have to fire anyone?
不是你,放松。曾经开除某人吗?
Chandler:No,but that's not a problem. That's why my name's on the door.Do you know when I'm getting my name on the door?
没有,不过那不成问题。这就是我的名字在门上的原因啊。你知道我什么时候能在门上有自己的名字吗?
Mr. Douglas:I don't know. I put it in the thing.
我不清楚。我会记下来的。
Chandler:It's okay. So. who is it gonna be?
好的。那将会是谁呢?
Chandler:Nina? Nina. Nina. Nina.
Nina?Nina。Nina。Nina。
Nina:Are you okay?
你没事吧?
Chandler:Yes, yes I am. Err, listen, the reason that I called you in here today was, err... please don't hate me.
当然。我今天叫你进来的原因是……请别恨我。
Nina:What?
怎么了?
Chandler:Would you like to have dinner sometime?
能约你共进晚餐吗?

重点讲解

重点词汇:

1. pain:(精神、感情上)苦痛

2. dash: 令人沮丧的事物

3. triumphantly: 胜利地

4. seventy: 七十,[用复数]70到79之间的各数(如七十年代、七十多岁等)

词组学习:

1. lay off: 解雇

eg. So they had to lay off a third of the people.
所以公司不得不解雇三分之一的人。

2. call in: 召来

eg. Do you mind if I call in you this evening?
你不介意今晚我们去拜访你吧?

3. miss out: 错过机会

eg. Don’t miss out on colleague friendships just because you’re working from home.
不要因为你在家里工作了就遗漏掉了你和同事间的友谊。

4. on one's back: 仰卧

eg. fall on one's back.
面朝天摔倒。

5. out of character: 与自己的个性不相称(或不符合)

eg. She is a nice girl; her fit of temper was indeed out of character.
她是一个温文和善的姑娘;她突然大发脾气真是出人意料。

分享到
重点单词
  • dashv. 猛冲,猛掷,泼溅 n. 猛冲,破折号,冲,短跑
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • colleaguen. 同事
  • flipvt. 掷,弹,轻击 vi. 翻转 n. 空翻,浏览 a
  • errv. 犯错,做错 v. 偏离,入歧途
  • tempern. 脾气,性情 vt. 使缓和,调和 n. 调剂