《老友记》视听精讲第88课:一定是我加班惹的祸
日期:2012-05-24 13:47

(单词翻译:单击)

台词欣赏

Joey:Hi. Hi, sorry I'm late.
不好意思,我来晚了。
Chandler:Too many jokes... must mock Joey.
太滑稽了,快取笑Joey!
Joey:Nice shoes, huh?
鞋子正点吧?
Chandler:Aah, you are killing me!
笑死我啦!
Monica:Ross! He's playing with my spatulas again!
Ross!它又玩我的铲子。
Ross:Okay, look, he's not gonna hurt them, right?
它又不会玩坏的。
Monica:Do you always have to bring him here?
你非得每次都带它来不可吗?
Ross:I didn't wanna leave him alone. Alright? We we had our first fight this morning. I think it has to do with my working late.I said some things that I didn't mean, and he he threw some faeces...
我不想让它独守空房,我们早上才吵了一架.一定是我加班惹的祸。我说了不该说的话,它就朝我扔一坨屎。
Chandler:Y'know, if you're gonna work late, I could look in on him for you.
如果你必须加班我可以替你照顾它。
Ross:Oh, that'd be great! Okay, but if you do, make sure it seems like you're there to see him, okay, and you're not like doing it as a favour to me.
这太好了,不过如果你去照顾它要装成一付去找它的样子,不能让它知道你是在帮我忙。
Chandler:Okay, but if he asks, I'm not going to lie.
好,但它如果问起,我可就要实话实说了。
David:...But, you can't actually test this theory, because today's particle accelerators are nowhere near powerful enough to simulate these conditions.
但我们仍无法测试这个理论,因为今日粒子加速的速度仍无法模拟出这样的情况。
Phoebe:Okay, alright, I have a question, then.
好,我有个问题。
David:Yeah?
什么?
Phoebe:Um, were you planning on kissing me ever?
你要亲我吗?
David:Uh, that's definitely a, uh, valid question. And, uh, the answer would be yes. Yes I was.But, see, I wanted it to be this phenomenal kiss that happened at this phenomenal moment, because, well, 'cause it's you.
这是个正当而合理的问题.答案是…是。对,我曾想过。但我要让这非凡的事件发生在非凡的时刻,因为是你。
Phoebe:Sure.
当然。
David:Right. But, see, the longer I waited, the more phenomenal the kiss had to be,and now we've reached a place where it's just gotta be one of those things where I just like... sweep everything off the table and throw you down on it.And, uh, I'm not really a, uh, sweeping sort of fella.
但等得越久亲吻就越非凡,而在此时此地我想扫去桌上的一切,将你丢在上面。但我不是会扫去一切,那种猴急的男人。
Phoebe:Oh, David, I, I think you are a sweeping sort of fella. I mean, you're a sweeper!... trapped inside a physicist's body.
David,我想你是你是被困在物理学家体内的猛男。
David:Rrrreally.
真的?
Phoebe:Oh, yeah, oh, I'm sure of it. You should just do it, just sweep and throw me.
没错,我确定扫去一切然后将我丢上去吧。
David:...Now? Now
现在?
Phoebe:Oh yeah, right now.
对,现在.
David:Okay, okay, okay. Y'know what, this was just really expensive.and I'll take this was a gift.
好……这东西很贵的。这个是人家送的。
Phoebe:Okay, now you're just kinda tidying.
你在清理场地。
David:Okay, what the hell, what the hell.You want me to actually throw you or youyou wanna just hop?
好吧,管他的。你想让我丢上去还是自己跳上去?
Phoebe:I can hop.
我自己跳好了。

重点讲解

1.knock over: 打翻

Higher interest rates will knock over all of the other dominoes in China's economy.
提高利率将引起中国经济的“多米诺骨牌”效应。

2.leave alone: 不管(不理,不干涉,让单独呆着)

Leave alone the footnotes.
别去管那些脚注。

He hasn't enough money for food, leave alone amusements.
他连伙食钱都不够,更不必说娱乐了。

3.look in on: 照看

The next time you visit Italy, please look in on me.
下次你来意大利时来找我吧。

The mayor also called on ordinary New Yorkers to look in on their fairest neighbors.
市长还号召纽约市民一起关心他们身体不好的邻居。

4.with the aid of: 借助于,通过……的帮助

We read these messages and print them with the aid of small computers.
我们阅读这些信息,然后用微型电脑打印出来。

5.nowhere near: 远不及(谈不上)

Practicing a piece of music for four hours requires focused attention, but it is nowhere near as cognitively demanding as a sleepover with 14-year-old girls.
4个小时练习一段音乐需要集中注意力,但它远不及一个14岁女孩在外过夜对认识能力的要求更高。

6.throw down: 扔下来,推翻

Throw down you weapons and come out! The building is surrounded, so you might as well give up now.
扔掉武器出来! 这幢房子被包围了,你们马上投降。

分享到
重点单词
  • mockv. 嘲笑,嘲弄,模仿 n. 嘲笑,戏弄,模仿 adj.
  • simulatevt. 假装,模仿
  • demandingadj. 要求多的,吃力的