《老友记》视听精讲第160期:今天真不是鸟儿的好日子
日期:2012-10-30 17:11

(单词翻译:单击)

正文部分

Chandler: I am telling you, years from now, schoolchildren will study it as one of the greatest first dates of all time.
告诉你们,几年后学童将会把它奉为第一次约会的经典加以研读,
Phoebe: Yeah
是的。
Chandler: I'll say.Yeah
要我说,是的。
Chandler: It was unbelievable! We could totally be ourselves; we didn't have to play any games...
它太令人无法置信,我们可以完全作自己,无须再玩任何游戏。
Monica: So have you called her yet?
你打过电话给她没?
Chandler: Let her know I like her? What are you, insane? It's the next day! How needy do I want to seem? I'm right, right?
让她知道我喜欢她?你这是怎么了?疯了?才第二天......你要我显得有多渴望?对吧?
Joey and Ross: Oh, yeah. Yeah. Let her dangle.
对,让她慢慢等吧。
Monica: I can't believe my parents are actually pressuring me to find one of you people.
我无法相信我爸妈强迫我找你们这种男人。
Phoebe: Oh, God, just do it! Call her! Stop being so testosteroney!
快,拿起电话打给她,别摆出一付臭男人的样子。
Chandler: This, by the way, is the real San Francisco treat. I got her machine.
对了,旧金山真有这道菜,是电话答录机。
Joey: Her answer machine?
她的答录机?
Chandler: No, interestingly enough her leaf blower picked up.
不,真有意思,是落叶机清扫机。
Phoebe: So, uh, why didn't you say anything?
你为何不说话?
Chandler: Oh, nononono. Last time I left a spontaneous message I ended up using the phrase "Yes indeedo."
上次我留话时,结果说了“对,的确”。
Monica: Look! It's Rachel and Barry. No, don't everybody look at once!
看,是Rachel和Barry不,别一起看。
Ross: Okay, okay, what's going on?
怎么了?
Phoebe: Okay, they're just talking...
他们只是在讲话。
Ross: Yeah, well, does he look upset? Does he look like he was just told to shove anything?
是吗?他是否神情落寞?
Phoebe: No, no actually, he's smiling... And... Oh my God, don't do that!!
他是否像被告知去死的样子?没有,而且他正在微笑。我的老天,不要那样干?
Ross: What? What? What?!
怎么了,怎么了?
Phoebe: That man across the street just kicked that pigeon! Oh!
怎么啦?对街的男人踢了一只鸽子。
Chandler: (bluffing) and basically, that's how a bill becomes a law.
这就是法案成为法律的原因。
All: Oh... Right!
好的。
Chandler: Hey Rach!
你好,Rach。
Monica: How did it go?
情况如何?
Rachel: You know, it was, uh.. it was actually really great. He took me to lunch at the Russian Tea Room, and I had that chicken, where you know you poke it and all the butter squirts out...
他带我到俄国茶室吃饭,我点了那种鸡肉,一刺就有奶油啧出来的那种。
Phoebe: Not a good day for birds...
今天真不是鸟儿的好日子。
Rachel: Then we took a walk down to Bengal's, and I told him not to, but he got me a little bottle of Chanel...
然后我们去精品店,我告诉他不要,他还是买了香奈儿给我。
Ross: That's nice... now, was that before or after you told him to stop calling, stop sending you flowers and to generally leave you alone, hmm?
真体贴。是在你跟他说之前还是之后送的,叫他别再打电话来,别再送你花,别再来烦你?
Rachel: Right, well, we never actually got to that... Oh, it was just so nice to see him again, you know? It was comfortable, it was familiar... it was just nice!
老实说我没机会开口,能再见到他的感觉真好,感觉是那么自在而熟悉,感觉真好!
Ross: That's, that's nice twice!
你已讲了两遍!

影片简介

大家在争论花生酱饼干和咸味饼孰优孰劣时,发现有人在用望远镜向室内偷窥:Joey发现那是个不错的女人。众人埋怨偷窥者举止下流,Phoebe窥见丑陋裸男穿着重力靴,大家又蜂拥去看。Chandler和Danielle约会感觉非常好,他很想打电话给她却又不想显得太猴急。Rachel想安慰Barry,结果却和他上了床;当她与Barry的现任未婚妻Mindy碰面交谈之后,Rachel发现Barry惯于脚踏两船,真不是个东西。

重点讲解

背景介绍:

1. testosterone: 睾丸激素,一种男性荷尔蒙,睾丸酮,是雄性激素是androgens(n.男性荷尔蒙) 的重要组成部分。testosteroney不是正式的词,Phoebe 是用很形象的方式告诉 Chandler 别老那么大男子主义。

2. San Francisco treat: 饮料食品广告语:旧金山请客!含有性的暗示,大约是因为那里的同性恋街

3. her leaf blower: 她那如同轻轻吹动树叶的soft voice

4. bottle: 一瓶

Rachel巧遇前未婚夫巴里,巴里带他去了“Russian Tea Room",这就是世贸中心大楼里著名的“俄罗斯茶室”餐厅。然后巴里又和她到本多尔(Bengal's)公司买了香奈尔(Chanel)香水。

词组学习:

1. by the way: 顺便说说,顺便问一下;在途中

eg. By the way, would you like to see a film with me tomorrow?A new film is on at the Capital Cinema.
顺便问一下,明天你愿不愿意和我一起去看电影?首都电影院在上演一部新片。

eg. By the way, do you accept neutral packing?
顺便问一下,你们接受中性包装吗?

2. hang up: 挂断

eg. I have to hang up now.
我现在必须挂电话了。

eg. Hollywood hangup means that you hang up the phone without indication.
“好莱坞式挂电话”就是指事先没有任何徵兆地挂断电话。

分享到
重点单词
  • neutraladj. 中立的,中性的 n. 中立者,空挡的,素净色
  • indicationn. 表示,指示,象征
  • shoven. 推,挤 v. 推挤,放置,撞
  • spontaneousadj. 自发的,自然产生的
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(
  • bluffingn. 褶边装置;诈骗;唬弄 v. 欺骗;吓唬(bluff
  • poken. 刺,戳,袋 vt. 拨开,刺,戳 vi. 戳,刺,
  • upsetadj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的 v. 推翻,翻倒,扰乱