《老友记》视听精讲第444期:那些年”被大狗叼走“的礼物
日期:2014-09-15 19:41

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Well, I’m gonna take a nap, turkey makes me sleepy.
我得睡一会,火鸡让我感到困了。
We haven’t eaten yet!
我们还没吃那
I know, but all that work you’re doing to get it ready, I just… (goes into her bedroom.)
我知道,但你们一直在准备,那我就…
Hey, by any chance did either of pick uh Rachel for your secret Santa, ‘cause I wanna trade for her.
你们谁打算送给Rachel?因为我想送她个礼物
I picked her! Oh thank God you want her! Ooh!
我选的她,谢天谢地你想要给她
Wow! Why do you want to get rid of her so badly?
为什么你这么不想送她礼物?
Because she exchanges every gift she ever gets, it’s like impossible to get her something she likes. Come on, let’s trade!
因为她老是把她得的礼物拿去换了,根本没法送给她她想要的东西,来吧,咱俩换换!
Oh that’s not true! That’s not true! I got her that backpack and she loved it! I remember how much she was crying the day when that big dog ran off with it… Oh, there was no big dog.
不会的,不会的。她很喜欢我送她的那个背包的,我还记得背包被那只大狗叼走的时候,她哭的多伤心,原来没有什么大狗。
All right this sucks! I already got her this briefcase, and I had R.G. put on it… Her initials…
不管这个了。我已经给她买了个皮包,还在上面印上了R.G…她名字的首字母
Oh. Okay, I'm really bad at initials.
我不会认缩写。
You got your shopping done early this year.
你今年礼物买得真早。
Yeah, well, my Camel Cash was about to expire.
我的礼券快过期了。
Well, maybe you could give to somebody else. Ooh, like Ross Geller.
也许你能给别人,比如Ross Geller
Op, y'know what though, it’s kind’ve a girlie briefcase.
可那是女式皮包
Who cares? He works in a museum!
谁在乎这个?他是在博物馆工作!
Hey, what time is it? The big game is about to start!
嘿,几点了?比赛要开始了!
You don’t have to do that, Ross and Joey aren’t here, you can watch the parade if you want.
你没必要这样,Ross和Joey又不在,你愿意的话就看游行呗
Thanks.
谢谢

影视精讲


trade for用…换…
In concept it can be stated in one short sentence: banks can't trade for their own account.
理论上,它可以用一句话概括,即银行不能进行自营账户交易。
If you trade for a bank and keep missing profit targets, your manager will pull your trading privileges.
如果你为银行交易,结果总是亏钱,你的经理会不让你继续交易。

get rid of 除掉,去掉; 涤荡; 革除; 摈除
Taskrabbit allows me to get rid of all the errands and busywork.
TaskRabbit让我摆脱了奔波和忙碌。
She had a mad urge to write a check and get rid of him.
她疯了似的想快速涂写支票,想赶快摆脱他。

be about to 将要,正打算
Things could be about to change.
这一切可能将面临改变。
That may, however, be about to change, and in an unexpected way.
不过,现在这种情况也许就要发生变化了,而且这种变化让人意想不到。


分享到
重点单词
  • conceptn. 概念,观念
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • impossibleadj. 不可能的,做不到的 adj. 无法忍受的
  • turkeyn. 土耳其 turkey n. 火鸡,笨蛋,失败之作
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • unexpectedadj. 想不到的,意外的
  • urgevt. 驱策,鼓励,力陈,催促 vi. 极力主张 n.