《老友记》视听精讲第214期:我们只做了一次
日期:2013-02-22 18:12

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Monica: Hey, where is everybody?
大家到哪里去了?
Rachel: They took Ben to the park. Where've you been?
他们带Ben去公园了,你去哪里了?
Monica: Just out. Had some lunch, just me。A little quality time with me. Thanks for your jacket.
出去了。吃了午餐,只有我一个人与自己共度美好时光。谢谢你的夹克。
Rachel: Oh, no problem. You can borrow it, by the way. Here are your keys, hon. Mon, if uh you were at lunch alone, how come it cost you uh 53 dollars?
哦,别客气。顺便说一下,你也可以向我借。这是你的钥匙,Mon,如果你一个人吃午餐怎么会要五十三块?
Monica: You know what probably happened? Someone must stolen my credit card.
你知道大概发生什么事吗?一定有人偷了我的信用卡。
Rachel: And sort of just put the receiptback in your pocket.
然后把收据放回你口袋?
Monica: That is an excellent excellent question. That is excellent.
这是个非常好的问题。真的非常好。
Rachel: Monica, what is with you? Who did you have lunch with?
Monica,你怎么了?你和谁吃的午饭?
Monica: Judy.
Judy。
Rachel: Who?
谁?
Monica: Julie.
Julie。
Rachel: What?
什么?
Monica: Jody.
Jody。
Rachel: You were with Julie?
你和Julie在一起?
Monica: Look, when it started I was just trying to be nice to her, because she was my brother's girlfriend. And then, one thing led to another and, before I knew it, we were...shopping.
刚开始我只是想对她友善点,因为她是我哥哥的女朋友。然后事情接着发生,我还不清楚,我们就去购物了。
Rachel: Oh. Oh my god.
哦,我的天。
Monica: Honey, wait. We only did it once. It didn't mean anything to me.
慢着,我们只做了一次。对我没有任何意义!
Rachel: Yeah, right,sure.
是,对,当然。
Monica: Really, Rachel, I was thinking of you the whole time. Look, I'm sorry, all right. I never meant for you to find out.
真的,Rachel,我一直想的是你。对不起,好吗?我不希望你知道的。
Rachel: Oh, please, you wanted to get caught.
拜托!你希望被逮到。
Monica: That is not true!
才不是!
Rachel: Oh, so you just sort of happened to leave it in here?
所以你不小心留收据在这里?
Monica: Did it ever occur to you that I might just be that stupid?
你有没有想到我会那么笨?
Rachel: Ok, Monica. I just have to know one thing. Did you go with her to Bloomingdales? Oh! Ok, ok, ok, I just really, uh, I just really need to not be with you right now.
好,Monica。我必须知道一件事。你是不是跟她去布明戴尔了?哦!好吧,好吧,好吧,我真的,我现在真的不能跟你在一起了。

影片简介

Carol给本喂奶,Joey和Chandler赶紧回避。Phoebe为确认奶水的温度,尝了尝奶瓶里的母乳,Ross反应强烈,成人怎么可以喝人奶呢?Julie邀人购物,Phoebe怕得罪Rachel,借故推脱,Monica为表示友善答应同去:虽然偷偷摸摸,但却欲盖弥彰,Rachel最终发现真相,感觉自己被背叛。两人的争吵听来仿佛Monica有了“外遇”。

划红精讲

1. A little quality time with me: 与自己共度美好时光

quality time: 黄金时光,珍贵的时光 quality: 优质的,珍贵的

2. by the way: 顺便说一下

eg. You can tell by the way they talk with her.
你可以从他们与她谈话的方式中就可以看出来。

eg. By the way, what do you think about this Team?
顺便问一下,你认为这个队的水平如何?

3. what is with you? 你怎么了?

eg. What is with you? We were together. We took those pictures.
你怎么回事?我们一起去的啊,我们还拍了那些照片。

4. one thing led to another: 事情一件接一件发生

eg. A bizarre but costly lawsuit depleted another huge portion of their savings. One thing led to another, and they found themselves in a financial disaster.
祸不单行,一场莫名其妙的昂贵的官司又耗尽了他们的一大笔积蓄,这一切使他们陷入了经济困境。

5. happen to do: 碰巧做某事

eg. Most of those people don't know what'll happen to them. Do we tell them that they should die?
他们中的大多人都不曾料想到这一切会降临到自己身上,难道我们就应该说他们该死吗?

分享到
重点单词
  • qualityn. 品质,特质,才能 adj. 高品质的
  • disastern. 灾难
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • costlyadj. 昂贵的,代价高的
  • bizarreadj. 奇异的,怪诞的 n. 奇异花
  • portionn. 部分,份,命运,分担的责任
  • lawsuitn. 诉讼,控诉