《老友记》视听精讲第199期:亲戚兼朋友 Friends-in-law
日期:2013-01-24 14:05

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Rachel: Okay, you guys want to help cleaning up this mess?
好吧,你们要帮忙清理这里吗?
Phoebe: That is great.
很好。
Monica: Uh, so, uh, Rach, uh... do you wanna save this wrapping paper, I mean, it's only a little bit torn... so are you gonna go for it with Ross or should I just throw it out?
这包装纸要留下来吗?只破了一点点……你要为Ross留下,还是要我丢掉?
Rachel: I don't know. I don't know... I thought about it all the way there, and I thought about it all the way back, uh, oh, you guys, you know, it's Ross. You know what I mean? I mean, it's Ross.
我不知道。我不知道……我左思右想,你知道的,Ross。你知道我的意思吗?就是Ross了。
Monica and Phoebe: Sure.
当然。
Rachel: I don't know, I mean, this is just my initial gut feeling... but I'm thinking... oh, I'm thinking it'd be really great.
我不知道,这是我内心深处的感受,我想这样应该会很不错。
Monica: Oh my God, me too! Oh! Oh, we'd be like friends-in-law! You know what the best part is? The best part is that you already know everything about him! I mean, it's like starting on the fifteenth date!
天啊,我也是这样想!这样我们就成了亲戚兼朋友!你知道最棒的是什么?最棒的就是你已对他了如指掌!就好像从第15次约会开始!
Phoebe: Yeah, but, you know, it's... it would be like starting on the fifteenth date.
对,但这就像从第15次约会开始。
Monica: Another good point.
这观点也不错。
Phoebe: No, I mean, I mean, when you're at the fifteenth date, you know, you're already in a very relationship place . You know, it's... you're committed
不,在第15次约会时,感情已相当深厚。你们已经定下来了。
Rachel: Huh?
嗯?
Phoebe: Well, I mean, then what happens if it doesn't work out.
我是说,如果感情破裂该怎么办?
Monica: Why isn't it working out?
为何会破裂?
Rachel: I don't know... sometimes it doesn't.
不知道,感情是勉强不来的。
Monica: Is he not cute enough for you?
你不觉得他帅?
Rachel: No!
不!
Monica: Does he not make enough money?
他钱赚得不够多?
Rachel: No, I'm just...
也不是,我只是...
Phoebe: Maybe there's someone else.
或许是另有其人?
Rachel: Wha...
哦……
Monica: Is there? Is there someone else?
有吗?还有另外的男人吗?
Rachel: No! There is.. there is no one else!
没有,没有别人!
Monica: Then why the hell are you dumping my brother?
那么你为何甩掉我哥?
Chandler: Hey, big...
嗨,大……
Joey: Shhhh!
嘘!
Chandler: ...spender.
挥霍者。
Joey: She's still asleep.
她还在睡。
Chandler: So how'd it go?
情况如何?
Joey: Oh, it was amazing. You know how you always think you're great in bed?
简直是太神奇了,你有没有老觉得自己床上功夫不错?
Chandler: The fact that you'd even ask that question shows how little you know me.
你会问这种问题,表示你根本不了解我。
Joey: Well, it's like, last night, I couldn't do the thing that usually makes me great. So I had to do all this other stuff. And the response I got... man, oh man, it was like a ticker tape parade!
昨晚我不能做让自己满足的事。因此我得搬出全套功夫。结果我得到什么回应?我的天啊,就像是盛大的游行!
Chandler: Yes, I know, as it happens my room is very very close to the parade route.
我知道,游行发生时,我的房间就非常接近游行路线。

影片简介

Joey为赚钱去捐精,但当他和新女友——一个果篮制造商——日益情浓,事情变得有点麻烦。大家一起烧烤为Rachel庆祝生日,Ross刚放下生日礼物就急着上路,他说要远赴中国为博物馆取回一块至关重要的(恐龙)头骨。后来,当Rachel 拆开礼物时,Chandler不经意地泄露出Ross 对她的爱慕之情。Rachel立刻奔向机场想截住Ross,“我得和他当面谈谈”,却错过了。Ross离开之后,她内心激烈交战。

划红精讲

1. clean up

(1) 收拾干净

eg. Police in the city have been cleaning up the debris left by a day of violent confrontation.
城里的警察一直在收拾一天的暴力冲突留下的残骸。

(2) 治理(污染)

eg. Under pressure from the public, many regional governments cleaned up their beaches.
迫于公众的压力,许多地区政府治理了海滩污染。

(3) 整治(犯罪、腐败和其他不良行为)

eg. After years of neglect and decline, the city was cleaning itself up.
在多年的荒废和衰退之后,该城市在进行自我整治。

(4) 使(自己)整洁

eg. Johnny, go inside and get cleaned up.
约翰尼,进去把自己收拾收拾。

2. work out: 实现;产生预期的结果

(1) 找到(解决办法等)

eg. Negotiators are due to meet later today to work out a compromise.
谈判者们预定在今天晚些时候会面以找到一个折中的办法。

(2) 计算

eg. It is proving hard to work out the value of bankrupt companies' assets.
经证明,计算破产公司的资产较难。

(3) 总计为

eg. The price per pound works out at $3.20.
每磅的价格总计为$3.20。

(4) 进展顺利

eg. Things just didn't work out as planned.
事情没有像计划的那样进展顺利。

(5) 有满意的结果

eg. People involved in it think it's a nightmare, but I'm sure it will work itself out.
参与其中的人们认为它是一场噩梦,但我确信它会有满意的结果。

(6) 锻炼

eg. Work out at a gym or swim twice a week.
每周两次在健身房锻炼或游泳。

3. ticker tape: (欢迎、庆祝时从楼窗抛下的)彩色纸带 ticker: 自动收报机

分享到
重点单词
  • bankruptadj. 破产的,贫穷的,道德败坏的,枯竭的 n. 破产
  • violentadj. 暴力的,猛烈的,极端的
  • nightmaren. 恶梦,使人极其痛苦的事情或经历,梦魇
  • neglectvt. 忽视,疏忽,忽略 n. 疏忽,忽视
  • initialn. (词)首字母 adj. 开始的,最初的,字首的 v
  • confrontationn. 对审,面对面,面对
  • compromisen. 妥协,折衷,折衷案 vt. 妥协处理,危害 vi.
  • pressuren. 压力,压强,压迫 v. 施压
  • responsen. 回答,响应,反应,答复 n. [宗]答复语,
  • routen. 路线,(固定)线路,途径 vt. 为 ... 安排