《老友记》视听精讲第225期:看看我,我成熟了
日期:2013-03-07 11:34

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Rachel: Chandler, you have just described virtually every man that we have ever gone out with.
我们所交往的男人…… 就跟你所描述的一样。
Monica: You are not a freak. You're a guy.
你没什么问题你只是个平常人。
Rachel: She's right. She's right. You are no different than the rest of them.
她说得对,你与其他人没什么不同。
Monica: Wait a minute, wait a minute. Yes he is. You are totally different.
等一下,等一下他是不一样,你其实很不一样。
Chandler: In a bad way?
很糟糕吗?
Monica: No, honey, in a wonderful way. You know what you want now. Most guys don't even have a clue. You are ready to take risks, you are ready to be vulnerable, and intimate with someone.
不,甜心,是很好的不一样。现在你知道你要什么了,大多数男人根本不知道。你准备好接受风险了准备好接受伤害,与人亲近。
Rachel: Yeah. You're not gonna end up alone.
你不会孤苦伶仃的。
Phoebe: Chandler, you called Janice! That's how much you wanted to be with someone!
你打电话给Janice这证明你希望与人厮守终生。
Monica: You made it!
你已经改变了
Phoebe: You're there!
你不一样了
Rachel: You are ready to make a commitment!
你准备好做出承诺了。
Chandler: Whoa! Don't know about that.
但是自己却不知道。
Rachel: What you got there? Something else that's not yours that you can break?
你拿了什么?不是你的东西而你想要打破?
Monica: No. Um, I know you like this, and I want you to have it. I think it'll look good in our apartment.
我知道你喜欢这个我也要你收下它,在我们公寓会很好看。
Rachel: Thank you.
谢谢。
Monica: That's fine.
没关系。
Chandler: Hey. Well, you will all be pleased to know that I have a date tomorrow night. This woman, Alison, from work. She's great. She's pretty, she's smart. And uh, I've been holding off on asking her out in the past, because she has an unusually large head. But, I'm not gonna let that stuff hang me up anymore. Look at me. I'm growing.
你们会很高兴知道明天晚上我有约会。我的同事Alison人很不错,她又漂亮又聪明……我一直没有约她出来,因为她有一个不寻常的大头。但我不要让这种事阻止我。看看我,我成熟了。

影片简介

Chandler说现女友鼻孔大得可以看见她的脑汁儿所以甩掉了她——他总是善于用这种表面化的理由来逃避真正的男女关系。Mr. Heckles 又上楼来抱怨噪音太大,别吵他的鸟儿了(他真的喂鸟了吗?)Phoebe、Rachel和Joey 模仿Janice。Mr. Heckles 死了,手里仍然握着扫帚。很显然他是在捅楼顶抗议时猝死的。Phoebe不相信进化论,这可急坏了Ross:他相信作为科研人员自己有义务对Phoebe进行科普教育。

划红精讲

1. the rest of: 其余的

eg. What to do with all the rest of the backlog?
那么对剩余部分的积压将会如何处理呢?

eg. The rest of the questions have stood over till next Monday.
其余的问题已延期至下星期一进行讨论。

2. not have a clue: 毫无头绪 clue: 线索

eg. Our president does not have a clue how businesses operate.
我们的总统根本不懂企业是如何运作的。

eg. You may not have a clue how it works.
您可能还没有线索它是如何运作的。

3. take risk: 冒……的危险

eg. If you refuse to take risk, you can’t have better returns.
如果你决绝承担风险,你就不能获得很高的回报。

eg. However, the main effect is to take risk off the table for lenders.
然而,产生的主要的结果却是让出借方可以免除风险。

4. end up: 结束,告终

eg. If you don't know what you want, you might end up getting something you don't want.
如果你不知道自己想要什么,你可能会到头来得到自己不想要的东西。

eg. Every time they went dancing they ended up in a bad mood.
每次他们去跳舞,到头来总是扫兴而归。

5. hold off: 不使接近

eg. If you can hold off any big outlays of cash, do so, for you will be glad you did.
如果你有机会拖延任何大笔的现金支出,就去拖延吧,事后你会为这个决定庆幸的。

分享到
重点单词
  • intimateadj. 亲密的,私人的,秘密的 n. 密友 vt. 透
  • operatev. 操作,运转,经营,动手术
  • refusev. 拒绝 n. 垃圾,废物 adj. 无用的
  • commitmentn. 承诺,保证; 确定,实行
  • vulnerableadj. 易受伤害的,有弱点的
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的