《老友记》视听精讲第452期:当瑞秋毛遂自荐时
日期:2014-09-27 11:51

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Oh, uh, Joanna I was wondering if I could ask you something.
喔,Joanna,能不能请教你一点事?
There’s an opening for an assistant buyer in Junior Miss…
有一个将初级文员提升到助理采购人员的机会…
Okay, but that would actually be a big step down for me.
不错,但是好像对我来说是个退步。。。事实上,我是说我挺合适的。
Well, actually, I meant for me. The hiring committee is meeting people all dayand…
招聘委员会将整天都接见有意向的人员,而且。。。
Oh. Well, I wish I could say no, but you can’t stay my assistant forever.
噢,我希望我能说不,但是我不能一辈子把你留在我助理的位置上。
Neither can you Sophie, but for different reasons.
Sophie你也不能去,但是原因就不是这个了
God, I am so glad you don’t have a problem with this,
天!我真高兴你这么宽容大量!
Because if you did, I wouldn’t even consider applying.
因为如果你稍有微辞的话,我就不会去报名了
Really? Well, in that case…
真的么?那么…
and that’s I’m so glad… there’s no problem.
我非常高兴你同意了…没什么问题了。
That’s fine; actually I’m on the hiring committee,
那好吧,其实我也是招聘委员会的一员,
so there’ll be at least one friendly face.
所以你去的时候至少可以看到张熟面孔
Ohh! That’s great!
噢!太好了!
You know, Junior Miss is where I started.
你知道,我也是从初级文员干起的。
Oh, I had to sleep with the ugliestguy to get that job.
噢,那时候我为了得到那份工作,不得不跟最丑的男人上床。
Really?!
真的?!
No-ho-ho! (Pause) Yeah. (Pause) I mean, no-no-no-no-no,
假~~嗯是真的。我是说---假的!
Don’t you worry, I’m sure with your qualifications you won’t need to sleep with some guyto get that job.
别担心,我可以肯定,以你的资历,肯定不用跟男人上床来得到这份工作。
Although, I might need some convincing.
虽然我对此并不十分信服。
Well, I, umm…
哦,我,呣…
Kidding! God, I feel wild today!
开玩笑的!天,我今天还真有点兴奋!

影视精讲


at least: 至少
At least that's the theory.
至少理论上是这样。
At least that's my perception.
至少这是我的看法。

qualification: 资历
But the success needs qualification.
然而成功也要有资格限制。
One almost needs a qualification in corporate law to do the job properly.
人们几乎需要获得公司法的资格认证来正确履行这一职责。

分享到
重点单词
  • qualificationn. 资格,条件,限制
  • perceptionn. 感知,认识,观念
  • corporateadj. 社团的,法人的,共同的,全体的
  • convincingadj. 使人信服的,有力的,令人心悦诚服的 vbl.