《老友记》视听精讲第397期:他没有向我求婚
日期:2014-07-02 18:10

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


So, come on, what was the big news Pete wanted to tell you Mon?! Or should Isay Mrs. Monica Becker?
彼特想告诉你什么大消息?我该叫你Mrs. Monica Becker太太吗?
No-no-no oh, keep your name, don’t take his name.
保留你的姓,不要冠他的姓。
He didn’t ask me to marry him.
他没有向我求婚。
Well then definitely don’t take his name.
那绝对不要冠他的姓。
He wanted to tell me he’s gonna compete is some ultimate fighting competition thingy.
他要参加一个什么…终极格斗比赛。
Pete?!
Pete?
Why?! What is it?
那是什么?
I don’t know exactly. It’s-it’s sorta like wrestling.
我也不清楚,有点像摔角。
Yeah, but without the costumes.
但不用穿表演服。
And it’s not fake, it’s totally brutal.
那是玩真的,非常野蛮。
Yeah, it’s two guys in a ring, and the rules are: “They’re no rules.”
两个人在场中厮杀,规则是…没有规则。
So you can like, bite, and pull people’s hair and stuff?
可以咬人、扯别人的头发?
Yeah, anything goes, except ah, eye gouging and fish hooking.
都可以,除了戳眼睛和鱼钩手。
What’s fish hooking?
什么是鱼钩手?
Huh, what’s fish hooking...
就是…
Thanks man, that would have been really hard to describe. What isthat taste?
谢了,不然还真难形容什么味道?
What? My hands are totally clean, I just gave the duck a bath.
我的手很干净,我刚帮鸭子洗完澡。

影视精讲


sorta: sort of 有几分
Sort of cooperation whether you want it or not.
不管你愿不愿意,多少都得合作。
He has imposed a sort of democracy.
他已经实行了一种民主。

fake:假的
It is harder to fake a good education.
但是,好的教育更难伪造。

sarcastic: 讽刺的
The princess bride is sarcastic, instead of sentimental.
公主新娘是讽刺剧而不是感情剧。
I'm not being sarcastic when I say that sounds lovely, really nice.
并非在故意讽刺,我认为这句话真的非常感人动听。


分享到
重点单词
  • brutaladj. 野蛮的,残暴的
  • cooperationn. 合作,协作
  • democracyn. 民主,民主制,民主国家
  • describevt. 描述,画(尤指几何图形),说成
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..
  • competevi. 竞争,对抗,比赛
  • ultimaten. 终极,根本,精华 adj. 终极的,根本的,极限的
  • competitionn. 比赛,竞争,竞赛
  • sentimentaladj. 感伤性的,感情脆弱的
  • sarcasticadj. 讽刺的