(单词翻译:单击)
双语剧本[Scene: Museum of Prehistoric History, Ross and a co-worker (Marsha) are setting up an exhibit which includes some mannequins of cave people.]
-Ross: No, it's good, it is good, it's just that- mm- doesn't she seem a little angry?
不,这样很好,只是她看起来是不是有点生气吗?
-Marsha: Well, she has issues.
她有麻烦事.
-Ross: Does she.
她有吗?
-Marsha: Try to live with “Mr. I’am Evolving” He's out banging other women over the head with a club, while she sits at home trying to get the mastodon smell out of the carpet!
他尝试和“参与者先生”生活在一起,他在外面到处沾花惹草,而她却待家里,设法去除地毯上乳齿象的味道.
-Ross: Marsha, these are cave people. Okay? They have issues like 'Gee, that glacier's getting kinda close.' See?
Marsha,他们是穴居人,他们关心的问题是冰河愈来愈接近了,懂吗?
-Marsha: Speaking of issues, isn't that your ex-wife?
(Carol, Ross's ex-wife, has entered behind them and is standing outstide the exhibit.)
谈到问题,那不是你前妻吗?
-Ross: (trying to ignore her) No. No.
(试图装作没看见)不,不是
-Marsha: Yes, it is. Carol! Hi!
是的,她是.嘿,你好, Carol!
-Ross: Okay, okay, yes, it is. (waves) How about I'll, uh, catch up with you in the Ice Age.
是的,我到冰河期找你
(Marsha exits and Ross waves Carol into the exhibit.)
-Marsha: Can I stay?
我能留在这吗?
-Ross: That would be no.
要我说不.
-Ross:Hi.
嗨.
-Carol: is this a bad time?
我来的时间不对?
-Ross: oh, no it’s……the Stone Age.
不,这里是……石器时代
-Ross: you look great; I hate that
你的气色好极了,我讨厌看到这样
-Carol: Sorry. You look good too.
抱歉,你的气色也很好
-Ross: Ah, well, in here, anyone who... stands straight... So what's new? Still, uh...
好吧,在这儿任何人,直立行走的人,最近如何?还是….
-Carol: A lesbian?
女同志.
-Ross: Well... you never know. How's, um. how's the family?
问问无妨嘛,家庭生活如何
-Carol: Marty's still totally paranoid. Oh, and, uh-
Marty的疑心病还是很重
-Ross: Carol, why- why are you here, Carol?
Carol,为什么来这?
-Carol: I'm pregnant.
我怀孕了.
-Ross: Pregnant?!
怀孕?
讲解注释Museum of Prehistoric History: 史前历史博物馆
co-worker: 合作者
exhibit: 展览品;展览,展示
Many unearthed cultural relics were exhibited at the museum.
博物馆展出了许多出土文物。
What line of products do you intend to exhibit?
你们展出的商品是哪一类产品?
set up: 安装,建立
mannequin: 时装模特儿,假人
cave: 洞穴
seem: 好像
issue: 事情,麻烦事
【Well, she has issues: Issues在这里是烦恼、问题的意思,以后碰到别人好像闷闷不乐的时候,你就可以上前来上一句Do you have any issues?】
bang: 原意为“重击”,这里可理解为“有染、沾花惹草”
【 club在这里的作名词,是“棍棒,球棒”的意思。如果直译,本句可译为:“他到外面用棍棒打女人们的头”;不过,bang在粗俗的口语中有“和...发生关系”的意思,因此,本句应该是“他在外面到处沾花惹草”的一种隐喻的说法。】
mastodon: 乳齿象
smell: 味道,气味
carpet: 地毯
glacier: 冰河
kinda: kind of
ex-: 前任的,以前的
enter: 进来
ignore: 不顾,不理
If you ignore your diet, trouble will follow.
如果你忽视自己的饮食,必然会遇到麻烦
The wisest course would be to ignore it.
上上策是不予理睬。
He's his own man, but he doesn't ignore advice.
他虽然自有主张,但并不轻视别人的意见。
catch up with: 赶上
She walked too slowly to catch up with us.
她走得太慢,跟不上我们。
Come on, slow coach; catch up with the others!
快,你行动真慢,快赶上他们!
Ice Age: 冰河世纪
wave: 挥手
See if you can wave down a taxi.
你挥手,看看能否让出租车停下。
I don't like that car sitting on my tail. Wave him to back off.
我不喜欢那辆车紧靠在我的车尾,挥手示意他倒车(离远些)。
exhibit: 展区
lesbian: 同性恋的女性
you never know: [口语]很难预料,很难说
totally: 完全地
paranoid: 患妄想狂者
pregnant: 怀孕的
翻译练习整个房间用来展览他的画作。
我们不能不考虑他们的劝告。
要想赶上其他同学,我得特别努力才行。
比尔向我们挥手告别后开车走了。
参考答案He was given a whole room to exhibit his paintings.
整个房间用来展览他的画作。
We cannot afford to ignore their advice.
我们不能不考虑他们的劝告。
I have to work hard to catch up with the other students.
要想赶上其他同学,我得特别努力才行。
Bill waved his hand to us and then drove away.
比尔向我们挥手告别后开车走了。