《老友记》视听精讲第283期:男人们就那样拿走了我们的风?
日期:2013-06-27 10:14

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


RACHEL: Hey. Whe-ell, look at you, finally got that time machine workin' huh?

你看你,终于用时光机回到过去了

JOEY: Seriously, you like it? This guy was sellin' them on 8th avenue and I looked at 'em and I though, you know what I don't have?

喜不喜欢?在第八街跟一个家伙买的,我看到的时候心里在想……”知道我缺什么吗?”

MONICA: A mirror?

镜子?

JOEY: Fine, make fun. I think it's jaunty.

很好,笑啊,我觉得很快活

MONICA: Wow, for a guy who's recently lost his job, you're in an awfully good mood.

对一个刚失业的人来说,你心情很好呀。

JOEY: Hey, I'll be alright. I mean it's not like I'm starting from sqare one. I was Dr. Drake Remoray on Days of Our Lives. Heh? I mean that's gotta have some kind of cache.

不要紧的,又不是说我要从零开始,我可是”我们的日子”里面的雷崔克大夫,那一定可以算是一项储备吧。

MONICA: Cache? Jaunty?

储备?快活?

JOEY: Chandler gave me word of the day toilet paper. I'm gonna get some coffee.

钱德送我一卷”每日一句”卫生纸,我要去点咖啡了。

PHOEBE: Oooh, so so so, did you read the book?

书看了没有啊?

MONICA: Oh my God, it was incredible.

天啊,简直不可思议

PHOEBE: Didn't it like totally speak to you?

是不是完全说出你的心声?

RACHEL: Woah, woah, woah, what book is this?

什么书啊?

MONICA: Rachel you have to read this book. It's called Be Your Own Windkeeper. It's about how women need to become more empowered.

瑞秋,这本书你一定要读,书名是《掌握自己的“风”》,是写女人需要拥有更多权力。

PHOEBE: Yeah and oh, and but there's, there's wind and the wind can make us Goddesses. But you know who takes out wind? Men, they just take it.

对,但是有…有风,风能够让我们变成女神,知道谁取走我们的风吗?男人,他们就那样拿走了

RACHEL: Men just take out wind?

男人就这样拿走我们的风?

PHOEBE: Ya-huh, all the time, cause they are the lightning bearers.

对呀,一天到晚,因为他们是闪电使者。

RACHEL: Wow.


PHOEBE: Yeah.

是的

RACHEL: Well that sounds kinda cool, kinda like The Hobbit.

听起来蛮酷的,有点像是哈勃

MONICA: It is nothing like the Hobbit. It's like reading about every relationship I've ever had, except for Richard.

那完全不像哈勃,那就像在读我有过的每一段关系,除了理查之外。

PHOEBE: Oh yes, no, Richard would never steal your wind.

理查绝不会偷走你的风

MONICA: No.

不。

PHOEBE: No, 'cause he's yummy.

不会,因为他很可口

MONICA: Yes. But all the other ones.

对,但是其他的都会

PHOEBE: Oh yes. Oh and, the part about how they're always like drinking from out pool of inner power, but God forbid we should take a sip.

还有,他们总是吸走……我们储存的内在力量,但我们连尝一口都不准。

JOEY: Anybody want a croan.

谁要吃根长条糕

PHOEBE: Ok, this is a typical lightning-bearer thing. Right there, it's like, um, 'Hello, who wants one of my fallic shaped man cakes?'

这就是典型的闪电使者行为,就像是……”哈罗,谁要来一根我的老二形蛋糕?”

影视精讲

MONICA、PHOEBE和RACHEL正在讨论一本书,书中说男人们拿走了女人的风。

1. empower vt. 授权,允许;使能够

eg.I empower my agent to make the deal for me.

我授权我的代理人处理此项交易。

2. croan n. 长条糕

3. jaunty adj. 快活的;活泼的;洋洋得意的;感到自信和自满的

eg.But the jaunty shade suits her, lighting up the Italian restaurant.

但是,这种活泼的颜色分外适合她,她使得整个意大利餐厅都熠熠生辉。


分享到
重点单词
  • jauntyadj. 轻松活泼的,整洁的,时髦的,有教养的
  • sipn. 啜饮 v. 啜饮,啜
  • shaden. 阴影,遮蔽,遮光物,(色彩的)浓淡 vt. 遮蔽,
  • typicaladj. 典型的,有代表性的,特有的,独特的
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..
  • empowervt. 授与权力,增加自主权
  • lightningn. 闪电 adj. 闪电般的,快速的 vi. 打闪
  • draken. 公鸭;蜉蝣类(等于drake fly)
  • incredibleadj. 难以置信的,惊人的