《老友记》视听精讲第108课:这样我就可以监视
日期:2012-07-09 17:10

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Ronni: Now, you see, most people, when their pets pass on, they want 'em sorta laid out like they're sleeping.But occasionally you get your person who wants them in a pose. Like, chasing their tail, or, uh, jumping to catch a Frisbee.
大部份人在宠物过世后,希望它们就像长眠一样。但有些人要他们摆出姿势,像追自己的尾巴,跳起接住飞盘。
Chandler: Joey, if I go first, I wanna be looking for my keys.
Joey,如果我先走我的姿势要像找钥匙一样。
Ronni: That's a good one!
这姿势不错!
Mr. Tribbiani: Hey, Joe.
你好,Joe。
Joey: Dad, Ronni's here.
爸爸,Ronni来了。
Mr. Tribbiani: Huh?
嗯?
Ronni: Hi.
您好。
Mr. Tribbiani: Hey! Hello, babe! What’re you doing here?
亲爱的,你来干什么?
Ronni: Oh, uh, well, you left your good hair at my apartment; I figured you would need it tomorrow for your meeting.
你的假发留在我的住处,我想你明天用得上。
Mr. Tribbiani: Thank you. Uh...
谢谢。
Chandler: So, who's up for a big game of Kerplunk?
谁想玩Kerplun?
Ronni: Look, I uh, I shouldn't have come. II'd better get going; I don't wanna miss the last train.
我不该来这儿,我该走了, 我不想错过最后一班地铁。
Mr. Tribbiani: I don't want you taking that thing.
不,我不要你坐这么晚的车。
Ronni: Oh, where am I gonna stay, here?
我要住哪儿?这里?
Joey: Whoahho.
喔。
Mr. Tribbiani: We'll go to a hotel.
我们去住饭店。
Ronni: (Shrugs) We'll go to a hotel.
我们去住饭店。
Joey: No you won't.
不行不行。
Ronni: No we won't.
不行不行。
Joey: If you go to a hotel you'll be...doing stuff. I want you right here where I can keep an eye on you.
你们去饭店就一定会办事, 我要你们待在这儿, 这样我就可以监视。
Mr. Tribbiani: You're gonna keep an eye on us?
你要监视我们?
Joey: That's right, mister, and I don't care how old you are, as long as you're under my roof you're gonna live by my rules. And that means no sleeping with your girlfriend.
没错,我不管你们多大. 只要住在我家,—切就得听我的, 那就是不准你们睡在一起。
Ronni: Wow. He's strict.
他好严格。
Joey: Now dad, you'll be in my room, Ronni uh, you can stay in Chandler's room.
爸,你睡我房间。Ronni,你睡Chandler 的房间。
Chandler: AndChandler would be?
那么Chandler睡在哪里?
Joey: Out with me, bunking up.
在这和我在一起,轮船铺位。
Chandler: Oh, bunking up, if you smell smokes, don't be alarmed.
轮船铺位, 如果闻到烟味,不要惊讶。
Ronni: Thanks. You're, uh, you're a good kid.
谢谢,你真是个好孩子。
Chandler: Come on, I'll show you to my room. ...That sounds so weird when it's not followed by "No thanks, it's late."
来,我带你去看我房间。感觉真奇怪,你没说“不,谢了,时候不早了”。
Joey: Okay. Now this is just for tonight. Starting tomorrow, you gotta make a change. This has gone on long enough.
只有今晚明天你们就得做出改变,6年已经够久了。
Mr. Tribbiani: What kinda change?
什么改变?
Joey: Well, either you break it off with Ronni...
不是和她分手就是……
Mr. Tribbiani: I can't do that!
我办不到!
Joey: Then you gotta come clean with Ma! This is not right!
不然就是向妈自首这样是不对的!
Mr. Tribbiani: Yeah, but this is...
对,但是……
Joey: I don't wanna hear it! Now go to my room!
我不想听,快进我房里!

要点精讲

单词回顾:
1. occasionally: adv. 偶而,间或

eg. There's no harm in your staying up late occasionally.
偶尔晚睡并无妨害。

eg. You probably already watch it occasionally so why not watch it together.
你也可能偶尔已经看过,那为什么不一起看呢?

2. chase: 追
3. frisbee: 飞盘
4. babe =baby, sweetheart, honey
5. good hair=hairpiece(假发)
6. bunk: 为……提供卧铺

eg. When I climbed into my bunk at midnight, dark thoughts joined me.
半夜里,我爬上了自己的铺位,脑子里愁云密布。

eg. Bed was a steel bunk with a thin mattress.
监狱的床是钢制的,床上只铺一个薄薄的垫子。

短语学习:


1. pass on: 传递;继续;去世

eg. Call new contacts to invite them to events, or to pass on information.
通过联系新人来邀请他们参加活动,或者传递信息。

eg. If you want to keep growing, the best way to learn more is to pass on what you have already learned.
如果你想继续成长,最好的办法是将你所学到的传扬出去。

eg. We expected him to pass on quickly after she died.
伯母去世后,我们以为伯父很快也会跟着离开。

2. laid out: 摆开(为作殡葬准备);陈列

eg. Seeing his clothes laid out at night was a joyful experience.
看着他的衣服在夜里陈列出来是件欢快的体验。

eg. The quality products were neatly laid out in the exhibition hall.
优质产品整齐地陈列在展览厅里。

3. keep an eye on: v. 照看;留意;密切注视

eg. Can you keep an eye on my baggage? I gotta go to the washroom.
请留意一下我的行李好吗?我得去一下洗手间。

eg. Smart homes could keep an eye on elderly people and allow them to be more independent.
智能型家庭可以照看老年人,并且让他们更加的独立一些。

eg. Nonetheless, I wanted to keep an eye on things so my body didn't end up fluctuating as capriciously as my skirt lengths.
虽然如此,我还是想密切注视一些情况,只要我的身体不像裙子那样随意摆动。

4. break: 断裂 break it off with: 与……断绝交往

eg. Seriously interested in getting back together, she'd tell you and break it off with the other guy.
幸福不一定是她想要的,如果她是认真的想重新在一起,她会告诉你并且会和另一个人分手。

eg. It wasn't to marry Troy, it was to break off my relationship with him.
我并不是去嫁给托伊的,而是想去和他断绝关系。

5. come clean with: 向……全盘招供;跟某人说实话

eg. When my heart started pounding out of my chest, I knew I had to come clean with my parents.
我的心开始连续猛击我的胸部,我知道我必须对我的双亲和盘托出。

eg. After a few months with the support of her group Jennifer made the decision to come clean with her husband.
几个月之后,在这个小组的支持下,珍妮弗决定和丈夫摊牌。

分享到
重点单词
  • chasen. 追求,狩猎,争取 vt. 追捕,狩猎 vt. 雕刻
  • occasionallyadv. 偶尔地
  • alarmedadj. 受惊的;焦虑的;惊恐的 v. 报警(alarm
  • mattressn. 床垫
  • qualityn. 品质,特质,才能 adj. 高品质的
  • independentadj. 独立的,自主的,有主见的 n. 独立派人士,无
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • nonethelessadv. 尽管如此(仍然)
  • joyfuladj. 欢喜的,高兴的