(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
JOEY: Hey Monica, why are we watchin' the business channel?
嗨,, 为什么我们在看财经频道?
MONICA: 'Cause I was going by it the other day and I saw that there was a stock with my initials, MEG, on it and, well, sometimes I have to watch for two or three hours before it comes up again but when it does, it's pretty exciting.
因为那天我无意中看到发现,有个股票上面有我的名字字首,MEG,嗯,有时我要等2,3个小时才能看到它再次出现,但是,当它出来的时候,还是很爽的。
RACHEL: Ok honey, you really need a job.
亲爱的,你真的得找份工作了
ROSS: Mon, speaking of which, dad says he knows someone you can call for an interview.
莫尼卡,说起这个,老爸说他认识个人,你要是想面试可以打给他。
MONICA: Really.
真的?
PHOEBE: Ok, right there. That, that's the third sign today. Right there.
就这个这是今天第三个征兆了。就这个
ROSS: On behalf of everyone, I'd just like to say behuh.
为了大家,我得问一句,怎么了?
PHOEBE: No, 'cause you just said dad and everywhere I go today I keep getting signs telling me to go see my father. Like when I was walking over here and I passed a buffet...which is my father's last name.
不是。因为你刚才说了爸爸,而且今天我不论我去哪里,我都不停的得到应该去见我爸爸的征兆,就好像当我过来这里的时候,我经过一个自助餐厅那,自助餐厅这个单词是我父亲的姓
EVERYONE: Ahh.
啊哈
PHOEBE: And they were serving franks which is his first name minus the s at the end. And there was a rotisserie with spinning chicken.
他们当时正在上法兰克福香肠,在这个单词结尾去掉s,那是我父亲的名。没错!!而且那有个烤肉架上有个转着烤的鸡。
MONICA: His indian name?
他的印度名字?
PHOEBE: No because I chickened out the last time when I tried to meet him. So I mean coincidences? I don't think so.
不,因为我上次因为害怕没有去见他,这些都是巧合吗?我可不那么认为
ROSS: Freakish.
古怪
MONICA: Wow.
哇欧
JOEY: Freaky.
很奇怪。
MONICA: Weird, weird.
不可思议,不可思议
RACHEL: Ok, so uh, who wants the last hamburger?
那么,谁想要最后一个汉堡?
PHOEBE: Oh, alright, that's it, now I have to go see him.
哦,到此为止,现在我必须去见他
MONICA: Why?
为什么?
PHOEBE: Hamburger. McDonald's. Old MacDonald had a farm, my dad is a pharmacist.
汉堡。麦当劳,老MacDonald(麦当劳拥有者)有个农场,我父亲是个药剂师。
影视精讲
PHOEBE通过联想得出一个结论,该去看她的父亲了。
1. On behalf of 代表;为了
On behalf of my Government I have the honour to make to you the following communications.
我荣幸地代表我国政府向您转达如下内容。
2. rotisserie n. 烤肉店
3. chicken out 临阵退缩;因害怕而停止做某事
I decided to take flying lesson , but just before they start, i chicken out.
我决定上飞行课,不过,就在他们开始之前,我退缩了