《老友记》视听精讲第227期:长了三个乳头
日期:2013-03-11 11:04

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Joey: This is unbelievable Phoebs, how can you be married?
真是不可思议,Phoebe,你怎么会结婚?
Phoebe: Well, I mean, I'm not married married, ya know, he's just a friend and he's gay and he's just from Canada and he just needed a green card.
我不是“结婚”的结婚你明白吗?他只是个朋友,而且他是同性恋,而且他来自加拿大他需要一张绿卡。
Monica: I can't believe you married Duncan. I mean how could you not tell me? We lived together, we told each other everything.
我不相信你嫁给了Duncan!你怎么能不告诉我?我们住在一起,我们什么事都告诉彼此
Phoebe: I'm sorry Monica but I knew if I told you, you'd get really, like, judgemental and you would not approve.
对不起,但如果我告诉你你会批评我,不会赞成。
Monica: Of course I wouldn't approve, I mean, you were totally in love with this guy who, hello, was gay. I mean, what the hell were you thinking?
我当然不会赞成,你爱死了那个同性恋。你到底怎么想的?
Ross: You see, and you thought she'd be judgemental.
瞧?我们还以为她很爱批评。
Phoebe: OK, I wasn't in love with him and I was just helping out a friend.
我并不爱他,我只是帮助一个朋友。
Monica: Please, when he left town you stayed in your pajamas for a month and I saw you eat a cheeseburger.
拜托!他离开后你一整个月都没下床,我还看到你吃乳酪汉堡。
All: Huuh.
呃。
Monica: Well, didn't you?
有没有?
Phoebe: I might have.
也许有。
Monica: I can't believe you didn't tell me.
我真不相信你没告诉我。
Phoebe: Oh, c'mon, like you tell me everything.
哦,你会告诉我一切事情吗?
Monica: What have I not told you?
我有什么没告诉你?
Phoebe: Oh, I don't know. Umm, how about the fact that the underwear out there on the telephone pole is yours from when you were having sex with Fun Bobby out on the terrace.
我不知道。譬如说外面电线杆上的内衣……是你跟Fun Bobby在阳台上做爱时丢下去的。
Rachel: What!
什么?
Monica: Wait a minute, who told you? [turns to Chandler who's looking sheepish] You are dead meat.
等一下,谁告诉你的?你死定了。
Chandler: I didn't know it was a big secret.
我不知道那是个大秘密。
Monica: Oh it's not big, not at all, you know, kinda the same lines as, say, oh I don't know, having a third nipple.
不是大秘密一点也不是,比方说就像…长了三个乳头!
Phoebe: You have a third nipple?
你有三个乳头?
Chandler: You bitch.
你这贱人。
Ross: Whip it out, whip it out.
秀一秀!秀一秀!
Chandler: C'mon, there's nothin' to see, it's just a tiny bump, it's totally useless.
没什么好看的!只是个小突起,没有用处。
Rachel: Oh as, as opposed to your other multifunctional nipples?
你其他乳头有多种用途?
Joey: I can't believe you. You told me it was a nubbin.
我真不能信任你!你说那是个小包。
Ross: Joey, what did you think a nubbin was?
Joey,你以为小包是什么?
Joey: I don't know, you see somethin', you hear a word, I thought that's what it was. Let me see it again.
我不知道,你看到了,听到了一个字,我想就不会多想了。
All: Yeah, show it. Show it. The nubbin, the nubbin, the nubbin.
让我再看一看!对,让我们看你的小包!
Chandler: Joey was in a porno movie.
Joey拍过色情电影。
All: Huuh.
呃。
Chandler: If I'm going down, I'm taking everybody with me!
如果我要垮台,每个人都要跟我一起!
Ross: You were in a porno?
你拍过春宫?
Joey: Ahh, alright, alright, alright, I was young and I just wanted a job, OK. But at the last minute I couldn't go through with it so they let me be the guy who comes in to fix the copier but can't because there's people having sex on it.
啊,好吧……当时我很年轻,只想找个工作。但最后一刻我无法做下去,他们就让我演修影印机的人,但是因为有人在上面做爱所以无法修理。
Monica: That is wild.
真是狂野。
Ross: So what's it shaped like?
形状是什么样子?
Phoebe: Yeah, is there a hair on it?
有没有长毛?
Joey: What happens if you flick it?
碰到了会怎么样?

影片简介

想不到Phoebe竟有个丈夫叫Duncan,此人是个同性恋,是Phoebe的加拿大朋友,她帮他拿美国绿卡所以结婚。Phoebe从始至终一直暗恋他。六年过去了,他却回来说要离婚。原来他并非同志,现在爱上了别的女人,要重新结婚。Phoebe的地下婚姻的曝光成了导火索,其余人的秘密相继暴露。

划红精讲

背景介绍:

green card: [美国英语]绿卡,绿色通行证(无美国国籍的墨西哥或其他外国人在美国境内居住和工作的准许证)

短语讲解:

1. help out: 帮助解决难题

eg. So what can anyone do to help out Mom?
那么我们能做什么来帮助这样的妈妈?

eg. All these presents came to more money than I had, and my mother had to help me out.
所有这些礼物的价钱超过了我所带的钱,母亲只好把钱借给我。

2. dead meat: 死定了,完蛋了

eg. You guys breathe a word of this to anybody, you're dead meat.
你们两个家伙敢把这事儿透出去一个字,死路一条。

3. not at all: 一点也不

eg. And maybe you listen and drink in moderation or not at all.
也许你听从建议适量喝酒或者一点都不喝。

4. whip it out: 秀一下

eg. It seems that they need to whip one out to make sure their face is still attached every so often.
看起来她们频繁地需要拿出镜子来照照,确保脸上的妆不会花掉。

5. as opposed to: 与……形成对照

eg. Anyone in the advertising industry will tell you that it's more fun tocreate ads for some products as opposed to others.
广告业的人都知道,为某样产品作出的广告能够打击到该产品的竞争对手,这是件更有趣的事。

6. go through with: 做完,完成

eg. She said it had been brave of me to go through with the session despite my fear.
她说不要理睬那些恐惧,我完成了整个约会已经那么勇敢。

分享到
重点单词
  • approvev. 批准,赞成,同意,称许
  • moderationn. 缓和,适度,节制
  • terracen. 平台,阳台,梯田 vt. 使成梯田,给 ... 建
  • polen. 杆,柱,极点 v. (用杆)支撑
  • opposedadj. 反对的,敌对的 v. 和 ... 起冲突,反抗