《老友记》视听精讲第35期:直接甩了他!
日期:2011-12-29 16:07

(单词翻译:单击)

双语剧本Joey: Does the knucklecracking bother everybody?
扳指关节真的烦到大家了?
Rachel: Well, I could live without it.
嗯,没有它我也能活。
Joey: Well, is it, like, a little annoying, or is it like when Phoebe chews her hair?
是吗,只是一点点烦,还是像Phoebe嚼她的头发那样?

(Phoebe spits out her hair.)

Ross: Oh, now, don't listen to him, Pheebs, I think it's endearing.
别听他的,Phoebe,我觉得很可爱。
Joey: Oh, (Imitating Ross) "you do, do you"?
噢,真的,是吗?

(Monica laughs and snorts.)



Ross: You know, there's nothing wrong with speaking correctly.
你知道,咬字清楚没什么不对。
Rachel: "Indeed there isn't"... I should really get back to work.
的确没错……我真的要去工作了。
Phoebe: Yeah, because otherwise someone might get what they actually ordered.
是啊,因为不然的话有顾客就会拿到他们真正点的东西了。
Rachel: Ohhhohooohhh. The hair comes out, and the gloves come on.
哦哦哦,刚把头发吐出来,就戴上拳套了。

[Scene: Iridium, Monica and Paula are working.]

Monica: Did you ever go out with a guy your friends all really like?
你和你朋友都喜欢的人约会过吗?
Paula: No.
没有。
Monica: Okay.. Well, I'm going out with a guy my friends all really like.
那好,我要和一个朋友都喜欢的人约会了。
Paula: Waitwait.. we talking about the coyotes here? All right, a cow got through!
等等,我们是在谈论那群狼吗?一头牛居然顺利通过!
Monica: Can you believe it? ...You know what? I just don't feel the thing. I mean, they feel the thing, I don't feel the thing.
你能相信吗?知道吗?我(对那个男的)毫无感觉。我意思是,他们有感觉,而我却没感觉。
Paula: Honey.. you should always feel the thing. Listen, if that's how you feel about the guy, Monica, dump him!
亲爱的,应该有感觉才行。听着,如果你对那个男人只有这种感觉,Monica,甩了他。
Monica: I know.it's gonna be really hard.
我知道,可太难了。
Paula: Well, he's a big boy, he'll get over it.
他是大人,他会过去的。
Monica: No, he'll be fine. It's the other five I'm worried about.
不是的,他会没事,我担心的是其他五个人。

讲解注释bother: 烦扰

live with out it 没有它也能活
相关短语
1. live with:与......生活在一起;忍受
I live with my parents in London.
我和父母一起住在伦敦。
I don't enjoy the pain, but I can live with it.
我虽然不以疼痛为乐,但还可以忍受。
2. live up to 不辜负,实践,实现
I hope I can live up to the expectations of my parents.
我希望自己能够不辜负父母的期望。
You must live up to your promise.
你必须实践自己的诺言。

annoying adj. 恼人的,令人讨厌的

chew: 咀嚼,嚼碎

spit out: 吐出

endearing: 惹人喜爱的,可爱的
The endearing sweetness of her manners so charmed Bertram.
她那甜蜜可爱的姿态叫勃特拉姆为之倾倒。

imitate: 模仿,仿制
He can imitate his teacher perfectly.
他能维妙维肖地模仿他的老师。
Teachers provide a model for children to imitate.
教师是孩子们仿效的典范。

indeed: 的确,真正地
I was indeed very glad to hear the news.
我听到这消息的确非常高兴。
He is a great man indeed.
他实在是一个伟人。

otherwise: 否则,要不然

glove: 手套
gloves:是从一句俗语来的,其实就相当于 hurt somebody。我估计是从拳击那边引过来的,as in boxing gloves. 本来Rachel是站在phoebe一条战线上的(she thinks phoebe's chewing hair is endearing),没想到Pheobe恩将仇报的讽刺了她一回,Rachel觉得被出卖了,所以说Phoebe has the gloves on.说有时候你还会听到类似的说法:not lay a glove(fingure or hand) on, which means leave unhurt.

go out with sb: 和某人约会
He goes with the girl every week.
他每周与这位女孩子约会。
He must be mad if he thinks I'll go out with him.
如果他认为我会和他约会那他就是疯了。

coyote: 小狼,丛林狼

get through: 度过,脱险
The candidates didn't all get through.
报考者没有全部通过。

dump: 丢弃,甩掉
Sealed containers of nuclear waste have been dumped in the sea.
盛有核废料的密封容器被丢在海里。

翻译练习不管喜欢与否我们都得接受新的税收法。

她努力要实现她的理想。

她总是带著可爱的微笑。

我听到这件事,确实非常难过。

他丢下妻子,跟自己的一个学生跑了。

参考答案Like it or not, we will have to live with the new tax law.
不管喜欢与否我们都得接受新的税收法。

She tries up to live up to her ideals.
她努力要实现她的理想。

She is always wearing an endearing smile.
她总是带著可爱的微笑。

I was very sad indeed to hear about it.
我听到这件事,确实非常难过。

分享到
重点单词
  • scenen. 场,景,情景
  • annoyingadj. 恼人的,讨厌的
  • imitatevt. 仿制,仿造,模仿,仿效
  • endearingadj. 惹人喜爱的,可爱的 动词endear的现在分词
  • cown. 母牛,母兽 vt. 恐吓
  • chewvt. 咀嚼,嚼碎,损坏 vi. 咀嚼 n. 咀嚼,咀嚼
  • botherv. 使恼怒,使不安,烦扰,费心 n. 烦扰,麻烦,焦急