《美少女的谎言》第4季第15集 第12期:汉娜放不下凯勒
日期:2015-05-11 19:36

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

You're late.
你迟到了
Yeah, sorry.
是啊 抱歉
Hey, Han.
汉娜好
Gpscalculating distance to the Busy Bee Inn,
计算路程 去忙碌蜜蜂旅馆
Killingworth.
在基林沃思
Hey, did you guys hear the news?
你们看新闻了吗
We got it from Hanna. Cece's in Maryland.
是汉娜跟我们说的 茜茜在马里兰出现了
Haven't we found anything in the book about Cece?
那本书里有茜茜的信息吗
Not yet. Well, forget Cece,
还没有 先别管茜茜了
I want to know who put her on the payroll. Book, please.
我想知道是谁付钱给她的 把书给我
Thank you.
谢谢
How are you doing?
你怎么样
Great.
很好
I mean about Caleb.
我是指凯勒的事
So do I.
我说的就是他
Hey, where were you? When?
你去哪里了 什么时候
When I was at the brew and you weren't there.
我去咖啡店的时候你不在
I had to run an errand for my mom.
我去帮我妈办事了
I get that when you get carsick.
怪不得你会晕车
So sorry to bother you at home.
抱歉来家里打扰您
Must be important.
肯定有重要的事吧

重点解释

I had to run an errand for my mom.我去帮我妈办事了

run an errand跑腿; 办事(如送信、买东西等)

He used to run errands for his boss.

他过去时常为老板跑腿。

I want somebody to run an errand for me.

我想找个人替我跑个腿儿。

I mean about Caleb.我是指凯勒的事

mean, imply, indicate这组词的共同意思是“意指”。其区别是:

1.mean是普通用语,对于明确与否的观点、物品都可以用; suggest意为“具有…的含义”,暗

示“表明”。例如:

He claims to mean one thing, but his choice of words suggests quite another

.他宣称指的是一件事,而他的话却含有另外一个含义。

2.indicate与imply意为“说明,表明,象征”, indicate通常指明显、明确的事物。例如:

A high fever indicates a severe illness.

高烧预示着要生病了。

3.imply通常指含蓄地、不明确地“暗示”。例如:

His smile implied that he had forgotten all about the time.

他的笑预示着他完全忘记了时间。

分享到