影视精讲《美少女的谎言》第71期:伤及无辜
日期:2012-06-10 19:41

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

台词欣赏:

The cop:Hello, Hanna.
早啊 汉娜
Principal's office said I could find you in here.
校长办公室说到这来找你
Hanna:Well, I'mprettysure there's nothing I can do for you.
我不觉得能帮上你
But do you need something?
你有事吗
The cop:Actually, yeah.
实际上有的
I was wondering if Emily had heard anything from Toby Cavanaugh since he went missing.
我想问问托比·加瓦诺失踪以后 有没有跟艾米丽联系过
Hanna:Do I look like Emily? Ask her.
我像知道的吗 去问她啊
The cop:I thought you girls shared everything.
我还以为你们无话不谈
Hanna:Well, you were wrong.
你错了
The cop:Alison's brother's in town. You knew that, didn't you?
艾莉森哥哥来了 你知道吧
Hanna:Jason. And, yes, I know.
我当然知道 是杰森
He's here for the dedication of Ali's memorial.
他是来给艾莉的悼念会致辞的
The cop:Oh, he's here for more than that, Hanna.
可不光为了这事 汉娜
He came into my office yesterday.
他昨天去找我了
He came in tomake noise abouthow he doesn't like the way things have been handled.
吵吵嚷嚷的对后事的处理很不满意
Hanna:I'm pretty sure he'sentitledto that.
他有权利发泄
The cop:It's a small town, Hanna.
镇子可不大 汉娜
Sometimes private and public lives can get a little muddled.
稍有风吹草动 就会让大家惊慌失措
Hanna:Yeah. Tell me about it.
是嘛 举个例子
The cop:Look...
听我说
I understand you might have some issues with me.
我知道你很看不惯我
But I hope you also understand that whatever you tell Jason Dilaurentis mightend up beingvery embarrassing for your mother.
但你心里要清楚 不管你跟杰森·迪劳伦提斯怎么说 最后都只会让你妈蒙羞
You might end up hurting the wrong people.
你只会伤及无辜
Hanna:You know, I'm a little hazy about this whole "Right and wrong" thing.
我对你的是非观越来越糊涂了
Are you saying I should or I shouldn't tell Jason that the cop who's investigating his sister's murder used to hang around in my house wearing a towel?
你说我该不该告诉杰森调查他妹妹谋杀案的警察曾裹着条浴巾在我家乱晃悠

重点解释

词汇精讲:
entitle:及物动词 vt.
1.(~+to)给...权力(或资格)
What entitles you to order us about?
你有什么权力命令我们做事?
This ticket entitles you to a free lunch.
凭这张票你可免费享用午餐。
2.给(书等)题名;给...称号
He entitled the book "Love Story".
他把书取名为《爱的故事》。

词组辨析:
end up with,end up in和end up doing 的区别:
end up with后面的宾语是其主语的一部分;而end up in后面的宾语是其主语(一件事情、一个活动等)的结果;end updoing表示以...结束。
The meeting ended up with a song.
会议以一首歌结束。(a song是主语The meeting 的一部分,即歌曲之后整个会议结束)
We may end up in china.
我们可能在中国结束旅行。
We will probably end up going to a movie.
我们最后可能会去看电影。

beautiful和pretty的区别:
beautiful:漂亮悦人的,是美丽的最普通用词,语气最强,不用于男性。fine,handsome,pretty等只表示beautiful的一部分;pretty:美丽可爱的,多用于小孩、妇女和较细小的东西,语气较弱。
当你你见到一个女孩子,你不认识她。你可以说“oh my god she's so pretty”但是你最好不要说"she is beautiful"因为beautiful大多是指内在的美。
You look especially pretty today.
你今天看上去特别漂亮。
How beautiful the flowers are!
多么美丽的花呀!

make a noise和make noise的区别:
make noise:指一般的噪声(这时noise是不可数名词);make a noise:为引人注意而高声谈论或抱怨。
Don't make noise in the hospital.
在医院里不要大声喧哗。
This scandal will make a noise in the world.
这桩丑闻将轰动全世界。

视野拓展:
make a noise in the world:名噪一时
He was eager to make a noise in the world.
他很想出名。
make a noise about sth.:抱怨某事
He made a noise to the manager about the bad service at the hotel.
他因旅馆的服务差向经理提出不满。

分享到
重点单词
  • memorialadj. 纪念的,追悼的 n. 纪念碑(堂), 纪念仪式
  • dedicationn. 奉献,献词,献堂礼
  • entitlevt. 取名为,使有权利
  • entitledadj. 有资格的,已被命名的 动词entitle的过去
  • scandaln. 丑闻,中伤,反感,耻辱
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为