《美少女的谎言》第3季第19期:你是他的帮凶
日期:2012-11-14 22:02

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Everything okay?
一切还好吗
No. Clearly it's not if my
不 显然不好 因为我
daughter's making secret trips to the county jail.
女儿瞒着我跑去监狱
There's still a lot of things that I don't understand.
还有很多事我不明白
Yeah, me too, like why would you have anything to do with
我也是 比如我不明白你为什么要见
a man who's accused of murdering two teenage girls?
一个被控谋杀两名少女的嫌疑犯
Mom, Emily is really hurting,
妈妈 艾米丽真的很伤心
and I just wanted some answers.
我只想找些答案
Did this happen to Maya because she knew too much?
玛雅的被杀是否因为她知道太多
Did the D.A.'s office send you there to ask that question?
难道是检察官派你去问这问题的
I didn't think so.
应该不是吧
I'm guessing it'll be answered at his trial.
我想他受审时会回答的
Why are you talking to me like
为什么你跟我说话的语气
I'm a hostile witness?
好像我是个敌意证人
Maya was my friend, too.
玛雅也是我的朋友
This is a dangerous man, Spencer.
斯宾塞 他太危险了
He wouldn't be locked up if
如果不是证据确凿
there weren't damaging evidence against him.
他也不会被关起来
Don't you ever go there again.
不准你再去监狱了
So is Rosewood safe now
那这个危险分子被关起来了
that one dangerous man is locked up?
玫瑰镇就安全了吗
Because Garret was already in jail when Ali's grave was dug up.
艾莉的坟墓被挖时 加勒特已被关押了
If you're implying that he's got helpful friends on the outside,
如果你是在暗示他在外面还有帮凶
that's even more of a reason not to see him.
那你就更不应该去见他
People might think that's you.
别人会以为你是他的帮凶
Don't you ever go there again.
你不准再去了
Am I clear?
听清楚了吗

重点解释

妙语佳句:

a man who's accused of murdering two teenage girls?一个被控谋杀两名少女的嫌疑犯

be accused of:被控

He be accused of make treasonable remarks .

他被指控发表叛国性的讲话或讲演。

She was accused of sheltering a murderer.

她被指控隐匿凶手。

Because Garret was already in jail when Ali's grave was dug up.艾莉的坟墓被挖时,加勒特已被关押了。

in jail:在狱中服刑

Even if they didn't put her in jail, they would deport her.

即使他们不把她关入监狱,他们也会把她驱逐出境。

He was put in jail for grand larceny.

他因重大盗窃案而被监禁。

dig up:挖出, 采掘

Newspapers love to dig up scandal.

报纸就是爱把丑事儿揭出来。

She knew the children were up to mischief, and she found them digging up the flowers.

她早知道那些孩子打算胡闹,果然发现他们在掘花木。

考考你:

因为艾莉的坟墓被挖时,加勒特已被关押了。

如果你是在暗示他在外面还有帮凶,那你就更不应该去见他。

上期答案:

Will you be joining us for dinner?
It was weird, but we got past it.

分享到
重点单词
  • scandaln. 丑闻,中伤,反感,耻辱
  • hostileadj. 怀敌意的,敌对的
  • trialadj. 尝试性的; 审讯的 n. 尝试,努力,试验,试
  • graven. 坟墓,墓穴 adj. 严肃的,严重的,庄重的
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • evidencen. 根据,证据 v. 证实,证明
  • deportvt. 驱逐出境,举止
  • jailn. 监牢,监狱,拘留所 vt. 监禁,下狱
  • witnessn. 目击者,证人 vt. 目击,见证,出席,观察,经历