影视精讲《美少女的谎言》第76期:他是嫌疑犯
日期:2012-06-16 21:24

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Cop:You'll find this interesting.
你们会对此感兴趣的
Jason:We're having a look in Toby Cavanaugh's locker.
我们在检查托比·加瓦诺的柜子
Why? Do you think he's hiding in there?
为什么 你觉得他藏在里面吗
He's a suspect.
他是个嫌疑犯
Jason:Well, your investigation better turn up more than Toby Cavanaugh's old gym socks.
希望你的调查结果不仅仅是托比·加瓦诺的几双旧袜子
Cop:You made it quite clear the other day you weren't happy with the pace of the investigation.
前几天你就表明了你对调查速度的不满
You said you wanted action.
你说希望我们能有所行动
I'm trying to give that to you.
我正在努力
Jason:Yeah, you've got nothing.
是的 而且你一无所获
Jason:I realized that yesterday.
我昨天就意识到了
You know, sometimes, Jason,we withhold information on the progress of an investigation to avoid any interruptions.
你知道吗 杰森 有时候 我们在调查中隐瞒信息是为了避免干扰
Jason:The only reason you're tearing this kid's locker apart is because he's not around to object.
你现在可以翻这孩子柜子的唯一理由 就是他不在这儿 无法表示抗议
Cop:Toby Cavanaugh called your sister's cell phone the night she disappeared.
托比·加瓦诺在你妹妹 失踪的那晚给她打过电话
I checked the phone records. She took the call.
我查过电话记录 她接了他的电话
Emily:Toby called Alison the night she died?
艾莉森出事的那晚 托比给她打过电话
Cop:He did.Or somebody else did using his phone.
是的 或是别人用他的电话打的

重点解释

词汇精解:
realize:
vt. 实现; 了解; (所担心的事)发生; 以…价格卖出
vt.& vi. 变卖,赚得
But they don't realize one important thing.
但是有一件重要的事他们不明白。
think, conceive, imagine, fancy, realize的区别:这些动词均可表示“在思想中形成一个看法或观念”之意。
think:最普通用词,指想或思索,也指由反复思考而作出判断或得出结论等。
conceive:指在头脑中组织好自己的思想,在心中形成一个系统的思想或一个见解。
realize:指领悟,通过生动的构思或想象从而抓住事物的本质。
avoid:vt. 避开,避免,预防; [法]使无效,撤销,废止
Avoid any reference to his illness.
千万别提起他的病。
体育专用词汇:射闪
法律专用词汇:规避
escape, avoid的区别:这两个动词都有“躲避危险”之意。
escape:多指避开实际的威胁,暗示威胁或危险正在迫近。
avoid:侧重有意识地躲避开要冒险或有危险的事物或情况。
重点词组解析:
turn up :开大; 翻起; 出现; (尤指失去后偶然)被发现
He caught a packet from me when he did turn up.
他一露面就被我狠狠训了一顿。
词组拓展:
out of turn:未按照正当的次序或顺序地;不合时宜地,轻率地
She offended many of her colleagues by speaking out of turn.
由于说话轻率,她得罪了不少同事。
at every turn:处处;时时
Confronted danger at every turn.
抵抗时时会发生的危险
the pace of:生活的节奏
The pace of change has accelerated.
变化的步伐在加速。
quicken the pace of life:加快生活节奏
Fast food and convenience food quicken our pace for life.
快餐和方便食品加快了我们的生活节奏。
one day,some day,the other day 的区别:
one day:(将来)有一天;总有一天;(过去)某一天;some day:总有一天;将来有一天;来日;the other day:不久前某一天;几天以前(过去)
One day it will stop.
有一天它会停止。
The truth will come out some day.
总有一天会真相大白的。
I wasn't busy the other day.
前几天我不忙。

分享到
重点单词
  • withholdv. 扣留,保留,抑制
  • escapev. 逃跑,逃脱,避开 n. 逃跑,逃脱,(逃避)方法、
  • suspectn. 嫌疑犯 adj. 令人怀疑的,不可信的 v. 怀疑
  • avoidvt. 避免,逃避
  • conceivev. 设想,构思,怀孕
  • referencen. 参考,出处,参照 n. 推荐人,推荐函 vt. 提
  • conveniencen. 适宜,便利,便利设施,方便的时间,舒适
  • quickenvt. 使加快,使 ... 有生气,鼓舞,使(曲线)更弯
  • celln. 细胞,电池,小组,小房间,单人牢房,(蜂房的)巢室