《美少女的谎言》第4季第7集 第13期:不能接近心爱的人
日期:2014-08-10 22:32

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Aria.
艾瑞亚
Are you here to see Mr. Hackett?
你是来找哈克特先生的吗
No. No, I'm here for Mike.
不 我在这儿等迈克
He's in there with my dad
他和我爸在里边
and...Connor and Connor's dad.
还有康纳父子俩
I saw the car. Mike couldn't have done that.
我看到车了 不可能是迈克干的
They're saying that he did.
他们说是他干的
Mike's in there getting railroaded,
迈克正在里面被人诬陷
and Hackett's just letting it happen.
而哈克特就任由其发生
They're actually filing a police report. If Mike gets expelled--
他们居然要报告警方 迈克要是被开除
That's not gonna happen-- not if he didn't do it.
不会的 如果那不是他干的
Aria, I get it-- what you said.
艾瑞亚 我明白你的意思
I can't be the one to swoop in and comfort you.
我不能突然接近你 来安慰你
But it kills me... -I know.
不过我很难受 我知道
Anyway, Hackett's saying that Mike's crazy
哈克特说迈克疯了
and that he's off his meds.
觉得他停药了
I thought he was gonna ask me
我以为他要让我
to count the pills in his prescription bottle.
去数处方药瓶里的药片
Did he ask you that? Directly?
他真让你去数药吗 直接问的吗

重点解释

I can't be the one to swoop in and comfort you.我不能突然接近你来安慰你

comfort, console这两个词的共同意思是“安慰”或“使愉快”。其区别是:

1.comfort指从道义或精神上通过语言或行动来安慰; console指做些事情以弥补损失。例如:

Mother's words of love comforted the sobbing child.

母亲充满爱意的话安慰了她哭泣的 孩子。

Console yourself with the thought that it might have been worse!

事情本来可能会糟,用这种想法自我 安慰吧!

常见错误:

他们生活舒适奢华。

误 They live at comfort and luxury.

正 They live in comfort and luxury.

析 表示“处于某种状态”时,通常用介词in,只有在be at war等少数几个短语中才用at,且大多与be连用。

They're actually filing a police report. 他们居然要报告警方

file a report提交报告

If you file a report things could get a lot worse for me.

你报告上去事情对我而言会变得更糟。

分享到
重点单词
  • comfortn. 舒适,安逸,安慰,慰藉 vt. 安慰,使舒适
  • luxuryn. 奢侈,豪华,奢侈品
  • consolevt. 安慰,慰藉 n. 仪表盘,操控台,(游戏)平台
  • filingn. 锉(文件的整理汇集)
  • prescriptionn. 药方,对策,开处方
  • arian. 抒情调,独唱曲