影视精讲《美少女的谎言》第99期:生病不是缺陷
日期:2012-07-10 18:35

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

After that, I avoided the club for months.
在那之后 我有几个月都没去俱乐部
The next time I saw alex, I made him promise
我再次见到阿历克斯时
that he would never, ever bring it up.
我让他答应永远不会再提这件事
Mom, are you sick?
妈 你病了吗
No.
没有
Well, why didn't you and dad tell us?
那你和爸爸干嘛不告诉我们呢
What makes you think your dad knows?
你怎么会觉得你爸爸知道这件事
Spencer... our family
斯宾塞 我们一家人
Doesn't handle imperfection very well.
都不大能承受得了缺陷
Mom,

being sick is not an imperfection.
生病不是什么缺陷
Just so you know,
告诉你吧
I gave up sidecars for spritzers.
我不喝边车 只吃水果沙拉了
And by the way... Alex is a lovely kid.
顺便说一句 阿历克斯是个不错的孩子
He's a keeper.
他信守诺言

重点解释

妙语佳句:

bring up:文中意思“提到”,除此还有“养育,突然停下”的意思。

Please bring up this point at the next meeting.

请把这一点在下次会议上提出来。

Her parents died when she was a baby and she was brought up by her aunt.

她出生後不久父母双亡,是由姑母抚养大的。

give up:文中意思为“戒除”,除此之外还有“抛弃,交出”的意思。

The priest persuaded him to give up his bad habit.

牧师劝他戒除坏习惯。

He counselled them to give up the plan.

他建议他们放弃这项计划。

by the way:顺便说

By the way, what happened to all the money I gave you?

顺便问一下,我给你的那些钱呢?

make promise:作出诺言

The boss is cautious about making promise.

老板从不轻易作出承诺。

He's a keeper.他信守诺言。

考考你:

生病不是什么缺陷。

顺便说一句,阿历克斯是个不错的孩子。

上期答案:http://www.kekenet.com/video/201207/189493.shtml

He kindly listened to me spill my guts.

I had a doctor's appointment before I went there.

Why were you spilling you guys to Alex?

分享到
重点单词
  • handlen. 柄,把手 v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭
  • spillv. 溢出,洒,使 ... 流出,泄漏 n. 溢出,流
  • imperfectionn. 不完全,不完备,缺点
  • cautiousadj. 十分小心的,谨慎的