《美少女的谎言》第4季第36期:暗处里的神秘人
日期:2013-12-12 23:29

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

It could be a business.
也许是叫外卖什么的
But Saturday night they're closed.
周六还有什么店会开啊
Just let it ring, okay?
拨出去看看成吗
Where is this area code, anyways? York county.
这区号是哪里啊 约克县
Did Ali know anybody from there? I don't know.
艾莉认识那里的人吗 我不知道
I'm guessing that she called her beach hotty
也许她在佐治亚州经常给那个沙滩帅哥
"Board shorts." obsessively from Georgia,
"短裤哥" 打电话
And that's how Tippi learned this number.
所以蒂皮才记住了这个号码
Maybe you just dialed the number wrong.
也许你只是拨错了号码
I didn't!
不可能
How do you know? You dialed it, not tippi.
你怎么知道 是你打的 不是蒂皮
Okay, let's just go record the bird.
好吧 我们去录那只鸟的声音吧
You guys, she's been singing this phone number on a loop.
这只鸟一直在重复着这只号码
I've heard it like twenty times.
我已经听到20多回了
So have I, but I want someone to answer.
我也是 但是我希望有人接啊
So Aria, let's just go get your phone
艾瑞亚 咱们去拿你的手机
and we'll record it together. Okay.
然后一起录 好
What's going on? Tippi's gone.
怎么了 蒂皮不见
Yeah, but how? Who opened that cage?
但是怎么可能呢 谁打开了笼子
Probably the same person who opened the window.
也许和打开窗户的是同一个人

重点解释

I'm guessing that she called her beach hotty也许她在佐治亚州经常给那个沙滩帅哥

guess猜想

guess, imagine, suppose这三者均可表示“猜想”。其区别是:

imagine指没有事实根据,仅凭主观想象进行猜想; guess指未经认真思索而进行猜想,有时指不着

边际地瞎猜; suppose指依据某些事实进行探索性的推测。例如:

I guess you've already known the answer.

我想你已经知道答案了。

I suppose he is late again.

我想他又迟到了。

Okay, let's just go record the bird.好吧,我们去录那只鸟的声音吧

record, register这两个词都有“记录”的意思。其区别在于:

1.record指对事件或情况的记载; register指正式的或官方的登记或注册。例如:

Some records of ancient civilization were discovered recently.

最近发现了一些古代文明的史料。

By law we are required to keep a register of births and deaths.

法律要求我们对出生和死亡进行登记。

2.record还有“履历”的意思,而register则没有此义。例如:

The commander had an outstanding record in leading the army against the enemy.

指挥官率领军队抗敌,功勋卓著。

分享到
重点单词
  • coden. 码,密码,法规,准则 vt. 把 ... 编码,制
  • arian. 抒情调,独唱曲
  • outstandingadj. 突出的,显著的,未支付的
  • commandern. 司令官,指挥官
  • registerv. 记录,登记,注册,挂号 n. 暂存器,记录,登记簿
  • obsessivelyadv. 过分地;着迷地,着魔似地