《美少女的谎言》第4季第7期:大家对艾莉的死避而不谈
日期:2013-11-03 21:48

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Emily? It feels like home when you see a friendly face.
艾米丽 看见熟悉的面孔就有了家的感觉
Uh, this is for you. It's from my mom.
这是我妈妈给你的
Tell her I said thank you
替我道谢
and I look forward to having her over for tea
我安顿好了就会请她
as soon as I'm settled in. I will.
来家里喝茶 我会的
Is Jason back, too?
杰森也回来了吗
He's down south. Renovating grandma D's place.
他在南方 给外婆翻新房子呢
It's a beautiful house, but she let things go.
房子很漂亮 但她比较随性
And it smells like old people.
闻着有股陈旧的味道
Ali hated that smell.
艾莉讨厌那个味
It's good to hear someone say her name.
听到有人说她的名字真好
People avoid it. They're trying to be polite.
大家都避而不谈 他们遵循礼节
But it's not nice. It's weak.
但并不好 没用的
No, no, no. That's fragile. I'll move those.
别动 那个是易碎品 我来搬那些
Emily, would you mind helping with these?
艾米丽 能帮我搬下这些东西吗
Sure.Can you set that on the bed?
当然 能把那个放床上吗

重点解释

and I look forward to having her over for tea as soon as I'm settled in.我安顿好了就会请她来家里喝茶

look forward to展望,期待(后接动词的ing形式)

We look forward to the return of spring.

我们期待着春天的到来。

I look forward to being alone in the house.

我盼望着能自己一人待在这所房子里。

settle in安顿; 适应

It took me several weeks to settle in my new home.

我花了好几周时间才在新家里安顿下来。

I'll settle in the countryside after retirement.

退休后要到乡下去定居。

Emily, would you mind helping with these?艾米丽,能帮我搬下这些东西吗

help with帮助某人做 ...

He counted off three men to help with the job.

他选出3个从来帮助做这事。

Would you please help with my suitcase?

你能帮我提一下手提箱吗?

分享到
重点单词
  • settledadj. 固定的;稳定的 v. 解决;定居(settle
  • suitcasen. 手提箱
  • settlev. 安顿,解决,定居 n. 有背的长凳
  • countedvt. 计算;认为 vi. 计数;有价值 n. 计数;计
  • fragileadj. 易碎的,脆的,精细的
  • avoidvt. 避免,逃避