《美少女的谎言》第3季第249期:斯宾塞逃课
日期:2013-08-08 19:17

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Oh, my God. You're still in bed?
我的天 你还没起床
Mom and dad called.
爸妈刚打了个电话
I didn't tell them you've been skipping school.
我没告诉他们你翘课的事情
Any idea how much longer I'll be covering for you?
我到底要为你打掩护打多久
If they call again, I'm telling them the truth.
要是他们再打电话 我可要说实话了
You told your mom?
你告诉你妈了
Don't worry about it. We're fine. I covered for us.
不用担心 没事的 我编了个谎
What were you thinking? You can't tell her something like that.
你在想什么呢 这样的事不能跟她说
I was distracted by Cece and Wilden, okay?
是茜茜和威尔登让我分心了 好吗
It doesn't make sense. I thought she was protecting him.
这说不通啊 我以为她在保护他
Well, what if we were wrong,
要是我们弄错了怎么办
and I just set Ali's baby daddy/killer on her tail?
我还把艾莉孩子的父亲兼凶手引到她那了
Why would she lie about knowing him?
她为什么骗我们说不认识他
We have to find out the truth... confront her.
我们得查出真相 和她对质
Where? In Wilden's trunk?
在哪里对质 威尔登的行李箱里吗
He wouldn't grab her in broad daylight
如果他真要伤害她的话
if he was gonna hurt her.
是不会在大白天抓她的
Probably.
也许吧

重点解释

It doesn't make sense. 这说不通啊

make sense:讲得通; 有意义

Grandmother rs advice always made sense.

祖母的劝告永远言之有理。

She doesn't talk much,but what she says makes sense.

她讲话不多,但言之有理。

We have to find out the truth... confront her.我们得查出真相和她对质

find out:发现;找出来

We must find out the truth of this incident.

我们一定要把这件事情的本相找出来。

You can find out many advantages in urban life.

你会发现都市生活中有许多便利之处。

相关短语:find out about获悉有关…的消息

I wish I could find out about the situation there.

我真希望能知道那儿的情况。

Any idea how much longer I'll be covering for you?我到底要为你打掩护打多久

cover for:为 ... 打掩护, 代替;

This business is a cover for unlawful activity.

这家商行是搞非法活动的隐蔽处。

I'll cover for Jane while she's on holiday.

简休假时我替补她工作。

分享到
重点单词
  • trunkn. 树干,躯干,干线, 象鼻,(汽车后部)行李箱 (复
  • incidentn. 事件,事变,插曲 adj. 难免的,附带的
  • coveringn. 覆盖物,遮避物 adj. 掩护的,掩盖的
  • unlawfuladj. 非法的,私生的
  • urbanadj. 城市的,都市的
  • confrontvt. 面临,对抗,遭遇