《美少女的谎言》第4季第22期:上不了目标大学很痛苦
日期:2013-11-19 21:28

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

You okay, Spencer?
你还好吗 斯宾塞
Yeah.I, um...
嗯 我
I heard from UPenn this morning...
我今天收到了宾大的通知
and I didn't get in.
我没有被录取
I'm sorry.
我感到很遗憾
I'm sorry, uh...
真的很遗憾
Are there any other schools--
还有其他学校...
Not for my family, no.
我们家人看上的没有了
I'll be the first one not to go.
我会是第一个没有去宾大的人
Sorry. I, um, I haven't told my parents,
不好意思 我还没告诉父母
and I haven't even told my friends.
也没告诉我的朋友们
I don't really know why I told you.
我也不知道为什么告诉你
So I'd just really appreciate it if you--
你不说出去的话我会很感激...
No, no. No. I won't say a word.
不 不 我不会说出去的
I've actually been asked to help out with college essays.
事实上 学校要求我辅导大学申请论文
So when you're ready to think of other schools,
当你准备考虑其他学校时
I'm here for you.
我会帮你
It's really important to have a second choice,
即使你一心想达成一件事
even if you had your heart set on something else.
但有个备选是非常重要的
If I were you, I would
如果我是你 我会
actually apply to other schools right away.
立刻开始申请其他学校
And you can email me the essay
你可以把论文发给我
and maybe we can work on it over the weekend.
我们这个周末就开始
Thanks.
谢谢
Hey, Spencer.
对了 斯宾塞
It's their loss.
这是他们的损失

重点解释

I've actually been asked to help out with college essays.事实上,学校要求我辅导大学申请论文

ask to邀请…参加…

These participants weren't asked to write down their age.

这些参与者也没有被要求写下自己的年龄。

help out with帮忙

They promised to help out with the preparation.

他们都保证帮我做准备工作。

So when you're ready to think of other schools,I'm here for you.当你准备考虑其他学校时我会帮你

ready to准备好

It means that you are ready to go!

这就意味着你准备好了!

If I were you, I would actually apply to other schools right away.如果我是你,我会立刻开始申请其他学校

apply to申请

You need to apply to several colleges.

你需要向几所大学提出申请。

分享到
重点单词
  • appreciatevt. 欣赏,感激,赏识 vt. 领会,充分意识 vi.
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,