《美少女的谎言》第3季第29期:葬礼很小
日期:2012-11-27 20:26

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Hi.
你好
Thanks for coming.
谢谢你能来
Uh, so do you live on campus?
你住在学校吗
I got a studio near the college.
我在大学附近找了个工作室
Dorms aren't really my thing.
宿舍不适合我
Yeah.
是啊
Maya sent me a picture of you.
玛雅给我发了张你的照片
Yeah, I sent that to her when she was at True North.
这是她在"正北"的时候我发给她的
I know it's not their fault,
我并没有怪他们的意思
but I keep thinking if her parents hadn't threatened
但我一直在想 要不是她父母威胁
to send her back there, she'd still be here.
要送她去那里 她还会在这里
I sent her mom a few emails, but she never responded to me.
我给她妈妈发了几封电邮 但她从没回过我
They're totally shut down right now.
他们放下了手头的工作
It's all just too much.
这一切意味着太多了
I was just hoping they'd have some kind of service here.
我只是希望他们在这里能找到些帮助
The funeral was small, just family.
葬礼规模很小 只有亲人参加
Well, I never got to say goodbye.
我没机会跟她说再见了
That's sort of why I called.
我正为此给你打电话
Maya's mom asked me to give you this.
玛雅妈妈托我将它交给你
It was delivered a few weeks after the funeral.
这是葬礼后的几个月收到的

重点解释

妙语佳句:

Uh, so do you live on campus?你住在学校吗?

on campus:在校园内

They are asked to live on campus.

校方要求他们住校。

Job is available for spouse on campus and in the community.

校园里和社区里有配偶可做的工作。

I sent her mom a few emails, but she never responded to me.我给她妈妈发了几封电邮,但她从没回过我。

respond to:响应, 对 ... 起反应

He failed to respond to the medicine.

他服了这药未见起色。

They were prompt to respond to our call for help.

他们对我们的求助迅即回应。

考考你:

我只是希望他们在这里能找到些帮助。

我正为此给你打电话。

上期答案:

your mom has an agenda that has nothing to do with criminal defense.

'Cause she has a reason to believe that Garrett's innocent.

分享到
重点单词
  • communityn. 社区,社会,团体,共同体,公众,[生]群落
  • innocentadj. 清白的,无辜的,无害的,天真纯洁的,无知的
  • criminaladj. 犯罪的,刑事的,违法的 n. 罪犯
  • faultn. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层 vt.
  • spousen. 配偶
  • respondv. 回答,答复,反应,反响,响应 n. [建]壁
  • agendan. 议事日程
  • defensen. 防卫,防卫物,辩护 vt. 防守
  • promptadj. 迅速的,敏捷的,立刻的 vt. 激起,促进,推
  • availableadj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的