《美少女的谎言》第3季第67期:你的钱哪来的?
日期:2013-01-25 21:45

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Did everything go okay at work today?
今天工作顺利吗
Yeah. No.
顺利 不顺利
Not at all, actually.
其实一点都不顺利
I dropped two light meters, I switched out a wrong lens
我摔了两个测光器 换错了一个镜头
and I punctured her mounts.
还弄坏了她的镜头转接环
Really? Yeah.
真的吗 真的
What happened?
怎么搞的
Well, I was a little distracted...
我有点心不在焉
by what I found in your sock drawer.
因为我发现了你放袜子的抽屉里的东西
It that why you ran out of here today?
这就是你今天忽然离开的原因吗
Yeah. I didn't know what to say.
是的 我不知道该说什么好
I can see how that might look... pretty bad.
我知道这情形看上去不太好
Ezra, where did that money come from?
以斯拉 那些钱是哪里来的
I sold a car my grandfather left me.
我把我祖父留给我的一辆车给卖了
A sixty-seven jag.
一辆67年的捷豹
I was hoping to restore it one day,
我本来希望有一天能把它赎回来
but now someone else has it
但现在被别人买走了
and I have a sock drawer with no socks.
所以我装袜子的抽屉就用来装别的了
And they paid you in cash?
他们付的现金吗
Yeah, I let the guy pay
是的 我同意这个人付现金的
me in cash so he could have a break on taxes.
这样他可以省去不少税钱
Um, o-okay. Why didn't you just tell me that?
好吧 那你为什么不告诉我呢
Well, I didn't think you'd be going through my sock drawer.
我没想到你会去翻我的抽屉
I wasn't going through your sock drawer--
我没去翻你的抽屉
Because it's embarrassing.
因为太丢人了

重点解释

It that why you ran out of here today?这就是你今天忽然离开的原因吗

run out of:从 ... 跑出

They hear a yap and run out of the house.

他们听见了一声狂吠就跑出了屋外。

And they paid you in cash?他们付的现金吗

in cash:有现款

You can pay in check or in cash.

你们可以用支票付款,也可以用现金付款。

They bounced me into paying the bill in cash.

他们胁迫我用现金付账。

I didn't think you'd be going through my sock drawer.我没想到你会去翻我的抽屉

go through:检查;浏览

I had a browse through the books on her shelf.

我浏览了一下她书架上的书。

相关词组:

go through the mill经受磨练

go through fire and water赴汤蹈火

go through with做完

分享到
重点单词
  • sockn. 短袜 vt. 给 ... 穿短袜 n. 重击
  • shelfn. 架子,搁板
  • lensn. 镜头,透镜,(眼球的)水晶体 vt. 给…摄
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • milln. 磨坊,磨粉机,工厂 v. 碾碎,磨,(使)乱转
  • drawern. 抽屉,拖曳者,制图员,开票人 (复)drawers
  • restorevt. 恢复,修复,使复原