《美少女的谎言》第3季第226期:出于爱和担心
日期:2013-07-24 18:53

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

I never asked you for your help.
我从没让你帮我
You know what, I just saw him last week.
我上周才见过他
If I wanted to get into this, I would've.
要是我想弄明白的话 我早就做了
You didn't even question it until I brought it up.
在我提出之前 你根本就没怀疑过
Hannah, it's not like the possibility never crossed my mind.
汉娜 我不是没想过
Okay, and if it is true,
如果这是真的
it's even more reason for me not to meet him.Why?
那我又多了一条理由不去见他 为什么
Maybe I'm not ready, okay?
也许我还没准备好
Maybe I'm not in the place where you want me to be.
也许我做不到你希望的那样
Maybe you should stop poking around in areas
也许我的私事没让你插手
in my life where you weren't invited!
你就该别插手
Okay, I didn't invite you to go hunting down "A" behind my back.
我也没让你背着我追查A
Hannah, I did that out of love and concern for you.
汉娜 我是出于对你的爱和担心
And that's why I'm doing this!
所以我才会这么做
Look, he just wants to talk to you.
他只是想跟你谈谈
Okay, even as your uncle, you should give him a chance.
就算他是你叔叔 你也该给他个机会
It's just a cup of coffee, you can throw it on him if you want.
就是喝杯咖啡 你要想的话可以泼他一脸
You know what, you go, okay?
你去吧
He had a lot of days where he could have made this choice,
他有大把时间做出这个选择
and he didn't.
但他没有
Instead, he let me grow up on my own.
却反而让我独自成长
And that's where I am.
现在好了
I'm grown up, and I'm on my own.
我长大了 独立了
So I'm saying, "no".
我拒绝去
Well, he's really looking forward to this, so...
他真的很期待
guess I'll just be there without you.
看来我只能自己去了
Great. Let me know how it works out.
很好 记得告诉我 你们处得如何

重点解释

I never asked you for your help.我从没让你帮我

ask for:请求; 要求

It galled him to have to ask for a loan.

必须向人借钱使他感到羞辱。

You didn't even question it until I brought it up.在我提出之前你根本就没怀疑过

bring up:提出

These are matters that you can bring up in committee.

这些问题你可在委员会中提出。

Maybe you should stop poking around in areas in my life where you weren't invited!也许我的私事没让你插手你就该别插手

poke around:到处寻找(到处闲逛)

The man who owns this land said I could poke around here anytime.

这块地的主人说我可以随时到这儿来闲逛。

We've had journalists poking around and asking a lot of questions.

我们让记者追着问了许多问题。

Okay, I didn't invite you to go hunting down "A" behind my back.我也没让你背着我追查A

hunt down:追捕…直至捕获;搜寻…直至发现

The police have hunted down the escaped prisoner.

警察已经追捕到了那个逃犯。

The hounds will soon hunt down the stag.

猎狗不要多久就会追到那头牡鹿。

Instead, he let me grow up on my own.却反而让我独自成长

on one's own:独自地; 独立地; 主动地

I was able to finish the job on my own.

我能独自地把工作做完。

I'm well able to manage on my own.

我完全能够独自处理。

分享到
重点单词
  • loann. 贷款,借出,债权人 v. 借,供应货款,借给
  • poken. 刺,戳,袋 vt. 拨开,刺,戳 vi. 戳,刺,
  • prisonern. 囚犯