美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第二季第9集第15期:避光戒指
日期:2017-05-07 14:20

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

Mm, 500 years on the run,I figured maybe he'd be willing to strike a deal.

我逃了500年 我想他也许会愿意跟我做这笔交易

So you got Mason Lockwood to find you the moonstone.

所以你让梅森·洛克伍德帮你寻找月光石


Right again.What else is needed to break the curse?

又猜对了 要解开诅咒 还需要什么

Mmm. Look who's getting smarter.

看啊 真是越来越聪明了

It's not just me or the stone, is it?

不只是需要我或月光石 对吧

Otherwise, there would be no reason to trigger Tyler Lockwood's werewolf curse.

否则没必要唤醒泰勒·洛克伍德的狼人诅咒

Witches and their spells so many ingredients, so many people to sacrifice.

该死的巫师和他们的咒语 要齐备那么多因素 杀死那么多人献祭

So you need a werewolf.

所以你还需要一个狼人

Believe it or not, they're hard to come by.

信不信随你 狼人可难找呢

What else? A witch to do the spell.

还需要什么 一名巫师来施法

Mine bailed, but Bonnie'll do just fine.

我的巫师跑了 不过邦妮也凑合

What else? Vampire.Caroline.

还需要什么 吸血鬼 卡罗琳

Could have been anyone, I suppose,But I like the poetry of Caroline.

我想 本来随便挑个人就好的 但我喜欢卡罗琳这名字

So you were gonna just hand us all over to be killed?

你打算把我们全都交出去 任人杀掉

Better you die than I.

你们死总比我死好

Here's what I don't get.

我有一点不明白

Elijah moves around during the day,

以利亚白天活动

Which means the original people knew the secret of the day ring.

这说明吸血鬼祖先 知道避光戒指的秘密

Now, why would Klaus want to lift the curse of the sun and the moon?

那么 克劳斯为什么要解开日月的咒语

To keep the werewolves from lifting it.

为了防止狼人先解开它

If a vampire breaks the sun curse,

如果吸血鬼先解开日之诅咒

Then the werewolves are stuck with the curse of the moon forever,

那么狼人就会永远被月之咒语所困

And vice versa.

反之亦然

But werewolves are all but extinct.

但是狼人几乎灭绝了

True. I've never seen one, but rumor has it.Not such a rumor.Mystic falls?

是的 我从没见过狼人 但是传说 不仅是传说 神秘瀑布镇有吗

词汇解析

1、figure

数字;(尤指)统计数字

It would be very nice if we had a true figure of how many people in this country haven't got a job.

如果我们能得到该国失业人口的真实数字就好了。

It will not be long before the inflation figure starts to fall.

过不了多久,通货膨胀率就会开始下降。

人影;身影

Alistair saw the dim figure of Rose in the chair.

阿利斯泰尔看见了坐在椅子里的罗丝的模糊身影。

She waited, standing on the bridge, until his figure vanished against the grey backdrop of the Palace.

她站在桥上,一直等到他的身影消失在宫殿灰色的阴影中。

体形;身材

Take pride in your health and your figure.

为自己的健康和体形感到骄傲吧。

Janet was a natural blonde with a good figure.

珍妮特天生一头金发,身材曼妙。


2、suppose

假定;假设;设想

Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.

假设有人给了你一枚鸡蛋并要你准确描述鸡蛋里面有什么。

Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.

假设他是对的,我确实明天就会死,那该怎么办?也许我应该再买一份保险。

(根据所知)认为,推断,料想

The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.

这项政策非常清楚明了,我没有理由认为它不会奏效。

I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.

我很清楚那个问题比他料想的要更复杂。

分享到
重点单词
  • extinctadj. 灭绝的,熄灭的,耗尽的
  • dimadj. 暗淡的,模糊的,笨的 v. 使暗淡,使失去光泽
  • sacrificen. 牺牲,供俸,祭品 vt. 牺牲,祭祀,贱卖 vi.
  • describevt. 描述,画(尤指几何图形),说成
  • insurancen. 保险,保险费,安全措施
  • figuren. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型 v. 演算,
  • rumorn. 谣言,传闻 vt. 谣传
  • masonn. 泥瓦匠 Mason: 共济会会员
  • inflationn. 膨胀,通货膨胀
  • complexadj. 复杂的,复合的,合成的 n. 复合体,综合体,