美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第15集第1期:关于收养的事
日期:2016-05-14 23:03

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

Hey, Bonnie, it's me just checking in,seeing how you're doing.

邦妮 是我 就是问候一下 想知道你过得怎么样

We miss you here.Don't let your aunt drive you too crazy.

我们想你了 别让你姑妈把你逼疯了


Come home soon.Love you.What are you doin' out here?It's cold.Thinking, writing.

快点回家 爱你 你在外面做什么 天很冷的 想事情 写东西

The, uh, funeral for Bonnie's grandma,brought back a lot of mum and dad.

邦妮外婆的葬礼 让我想起了很多爸妈去世时的场景

I was wondering you said you were doing dome digging about them,the adoption.Right.

我在想 你说要对他们做些调查 关于收养的事 对

So did you dig?Come on inside.Your dad kept everything from his medical practice--

那你查了吗 我们进去说 你父亲把诊所里的一切东西都保留下来了

Records, logs, old appointment books.

医疗记录 日志 预约薄

I found an entry from the night you born Patient and a birth date.Isobel Peterson.

我发现了你出生当晚的一个记录 病人和出生日期 伊泽贝尔·彼得森

Do you think that's her real name?Pregnant teenage runaway?Probably not. First name, maybe.

你觉得那会是她的名字吗 离家出走的少女孕妇 姓可能是假的 但名可能是真的

But where'd she get Peterson?Classmate? Best friend?So I binged it.

但彼得森这个姓哪里借用的呢 同学 或者好友 我就搜索了一下

I searched for all the Petersons in this area Born the same year as Isobel, found 3

我查了本地区所有姓彼得森的人 岁数同伊泽贝尔一样的 有三个

2 men and a woman, Trudie,Who lived in Grove Hill, Virginia.

两男一女 女的叫楚蒂 她住在弗吉尼亚州的格罗夫希尔镇

That's not far from here.Well, watch this.Isobel.

那离这里不远 看这个 伊泽贝尔

She was a cheerleader.Trudie still lives there.This is her address.

她曾是个啦啦队长 楚蒂还住在那里 这是她的地址

What about Isobel?I couldn't find angthing about her.

那伊泽贝尔呢 她的信息我完全找不到

重点讲解

1、practice

通常做法;常规;惯例

Some firms have cut workers' pay below the level set in their contract, a practice that is illegal in Germany.

一些公司把工人薪水减至低于合同规定的水平,这种做法在德国是非法的。

Gordon Brown has demanded a public inquiry into bank practices.

戈登·布朗已要求对银行的惯例做法进行公开调查。

练习;训练

She was taking all three of her daughters to basketball practice every day.

她每天都带3个女儿进行篮球训练。

the hard practice necessary to develop from a learner to an accomplished musician.

从初学者成长为有造诣的音乐家所必需的艰苦训练

业务活动,工作;宗教活动

the practice of internal medicine.

内科业务

I eventually realized I had to change my attitude toward medical practice.

我终于认识到自己不得不改变对医务工作的看法。


2、appointment

任命;委派;指派

His appointment to the Cabinet would please the right-wing.

他被任命为内阁成员会让右翼党派很高兴。

his appointment as foreign minister in 1985.

在1985年他被委任为外交部长

约会;约定

She has an appointment with her accountant.

她和她的会计约好了见面。

I made an appointment to see a specialist.

我约好去见一位专家。

分享到