美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第20集第14期:毕生追求
日期:2016-08-28 20:05

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

Ugh. God. You're still here?Were you expecting anything else?

天啊 你还在这儿 你以为我会离开吗

No.So, how was the "errand"?Futile.

没有 差事办得怎么样了 徒劳一场


Although, I think I witnessed the teacher having an existential crisis

但我想我有幸目睹了老师的生存危机

Has Stefan eaten yet?I thought you didn't care.

斯特凡吃东西了吗 还以为你不在乎呢

Chalk it up to morbid curiosity.

完全出于变态的好奇

I think he's getting there.

我想他会吃的

But he's got a lot of guilt that he has to deal with.

但他的负罪感太强 还在斗争

And it doesn't help that you've spent the last 145 years

而且你145年来都在为凯瑟琳被抓一事惩罚他

punishing him for Katherine getting caught.

只让他更加难过

This is my fault now?No, it's no one's fault, Damon.

又成我的错了 不是任何人的错 达蒙

I'm just...saying you're not exactly innocent.

我的意思是 你也没那么无辜

You've made it your life's mission to make him miserable.

令他痛苦简直就是你的毕生追求

Let me ask you a question.

问你个问题

In all this important soul-searching and cleansing of the demons of Stefan's past,

在对斯特凡恶梦般的过去 净化反思之余

Did you ever manage to get the rest of the story?

你把故事听完了吗

He said there was more.Yeah. That's an understatement.

他说过还有一些 是吗 真是轻描淡写

Damon...Damon.Tell me.

达蒙 达蒙 告诉我

What are you doing? Who is that?

你干什么 这是谁

I brought her for you.

我特地给你带来的

She's a gift. Have a seat, please.

给你的礼物 请坐

词汇解析

1、punish

处罚,惩罚(犯错之人)

I don't believe that George ever had to punish the children.

我认为乔治根本没有必要处罚孩子们。

According to present law, the authorities can only punish smugglers with small fines.

根据现行法律,当局只能对走私者处以小额罚款。

惩罚(犯罪之人);对…判罪

The government voted to punish corruption in sport with up to four years in jail.

政府经表决后决定对体育界的舞弊行为最高将处以4年监禁。

Such behaviour is unacceptable and will be punished.

这种行为不可容忍,必将受到惩罚。


2、manage

管理;经营;掌管

Within two years he was managing the store.

不出两年他就开始管理这家店了。

Most factories in the area are obsolete and badly managed.

这个地区的绝大多数工厂都十分陈旧,经营状况也非常糟糕。

谨慎地使用,好好地利用(时间、金钱等)

In a busy world, managing your time is increasingly important.

在忙碌的世界里,善于利用时间变得越来越重要。

Josh expects me to manage all the household expenses on very little.

乔希指望我对每笔家庭支出都精打细算。

设法做到;成功完成

Somehow, he'd managed to persuade Kay to buy one for him.

不知用了什么方法,他成功说服凯给他买了一个。

I managed to pull myself up onto a wet, sloping ledge.

我终于爬上了一块潮湿倾斜的暗礁。

分享到