美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第二季第6集第8期:民间的传说
日期:2017-03-01 18:25

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

I'm gonna go get an extension cord. I'll be right back.

我去找条延长线 马上回来

Hey, man.Hey.Hey, so I did a little research on that stone you showed me.

嗨 嗨 我研究了一下你给我看过的石头


What? Why?I don't know.Curiosity, boredom.

什么 为什么 没什么原因 出于好奇 闲着无聊

What'd it say? Well, it turns out that it's part of this Aztec legend,

那研究出什么了吗 嗯 这石头 有一个阿芝特克传说

but I want to make sure it's the same kind of stone.

但我想确定一下是不是那块石头

Do you think I could check it out again?Nope. Gave it to my uncle.

我能再看一下吗 不行 我已经给我叔叔了

Why'd you do that?Because I'm done with legends and curses.

为什么要给他 我受够了这些传说和诅咒

I don't want anything to do with it, ok?Yeah. Yeah, sure.

我不想再和这些东西有牵连 明白吧 当然 我理解

It's probably just stupid folklore anyways.Forget it.

反正这些没准也只是民间杜撰的传说而已 当我没问过

Ok. Ok.This is as far as I go.Ok.

好了 已经走得够远了 好

What do you want? A favor.Like that's going to happen.

你想要什么 想请你帮忙 你觉得我会帮你的忙吗

So predictable. That's why I brought him.

不出所料 所以我才带他来了

I know how you feel about helping us out,

我知道你不想帮我们的忙

but since you're the one that linked to Mason with Katherine,

但是因为你 我们知道了梅森 和凯瑟琳是一伙的

we finally have an opportunity to get an upper hand on both of them,so just hear us out. Pretty please.

我们终于有机会 能够先发制人 所以先听我们说完 拜托了

词汇解析

1、extension

(公路、铁路等的)延长线

the Jubilee Line extension.

银禧延长线

展期;延长期

He first entered Britain on a six-month visa, and was given a further extension of six months.

他最初持6个月的签证进入英国,后来又获得6个月的续签。

Ian Lentern has been granted a three-year extension.

伊恩·伦特恩已经被批准延期3年。

扩大;扩展;延伸

Many Filipinos see the bases as an extension of American colonial rule.

很多菲律宾人视这些基地为美国殖民统治的延续。

That's the logical extension of my approach.

那是对我的方法的合乎逻辑的扩展。


2、turn out

(以某种方式)发生;最后是;结果是

If I had known my life was going to turn out like this, I would have let them kill me.

如果我早知道自己的人生结局会是如此,我当时宁愿让他们杀了我。

Sometimes things don't turn out the way we think they're going to.

有时事情并不像我们认为的那样发展。

原来是;结果发现

Cosgrave's forecast turned out to be quite wrong.

科斯格雷夫的预测最后证明是大错特错。

It turned out that I knew the person who got shot.

结果发现我认识那个中枪的人。

关掉,熄灭(电灯、煤气等)

I'll just play until the janitor comes round to turn the lights out.

我会一直玩到门房过来熄灯。

分享到