美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第22集第9期:发动袭击
日期:2016-10-05 11:29

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

I'm the sheriff. It's my call.And I say no.

我是警长 我说了算 我不同意

Richard, let me speak to the sheriff alone.

理查德 让我单独跟警长谈谈


John, you're not thinking clearly.I'm not gonna change my mind about this.

约翰 你虑事不周 我不会改变主意的

You're still around?There's something you need to know.

你还在啊 有件事你必须知道

The vampires from the tomb are planning an attack tonight.

墓穴的吸血鬼们正在筹划今晚发动袭击

How do you know this? I went to them.

你怎么知道的 我找过他们

They think I'm with them, but I'm not.

他们以为我跟他们是一伙儿的 但我不是

They want the founding families dead.

他们要杀光创始家族

When is this supposed to happen?When the fireworks start.

他们打算何时行动 烟花开始的时候

John Gilbert wants to use that invention on them.Wait. Then we can't be here.

约翰·吉尔伯特准备用那发明对付他们 等下 那我们就不能呆在这里了

It doesn't work. It's been deactivated.

那没用的 已经失效了

Well, then a lot of people are gonna die.

那样的话 很多人类就会死

Where are they right now?They're already here, Damon.

他们现在在哪里 已经到了 达蒙

Remember, we don't know which of them ingest vervain.

记住 我们不知道谁服用了马鞭草

It's not about the feed.It's about the kill.You know what to do.

不要吸血 只管屠杀 明白怎么做了吧

词汇解析

1、suppose

假定;假设;设想

Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.

假设有人给了你一枚鸡蛋并要你准确描述鸡蛋里面有什么。

Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.

假设他是对的,我确实明天就会死,那该怎么办?也许我应该再买一份保险。

(根据所知)认为,推断,料想

The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.

这项政策非常清楚明了,我没有理由认为它不会奏效。

I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.

我很清楚那个问题比他料想的要更复杂。

我看;要我说;我想

I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.

这些天我有点焦躁。我看是荷尔蒙在作怪。

I suppose I'd better do some homework.

我看我最好做做功课。


2、invention

发明物;创造的事物

It's been a tricky business marketing his new invention.

推广他的新发明一直是件棘手的事情。

The spinning wheel was a Chinese invention.

纺车是中国人的发明。

捏造;虚构

In these and several other respects, there are many inventions and exaggerations.

在这些方面和其他几个方面都存在许多捏造与夸张之处。

The story was certainly a favourite one, but it was undoubtedly pure invention.

这个故事当然特别受欢迎,但它无疑纯属虚构。

分享到
重点单词
  • inventionn. 发明,发明物,虚构,虚构物
  • insurancen. 保险,保险费,安全措施
  • sheriffn. 郡治安官,郡长
  • describevt. 描述,画(尤指几何图形),说成
  • complexadj. 复杂的,复合的,合成的 n. 复合体,综合体,
  • wheeln. 轮子,车轮,方向盘,周期,旋转 vi. 旋转,转动
  • ingestv. 摄取,咽下