美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第21集第10期:艾米莉的魔法书
日期:2016-09-15 21:30

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

I couldn't sleep last night.

我昨晚一夜未眠

You were obviously upset about something,and I just walked away.

你当时明显在为什么事烦心 而我却走开了


That's not me.That can't be us.You're my friend, Elena.

那不是我 我们不是那样的 你是我的朋友 埃琳娜

If you need me, I'm here for you.

只要你需要 我就会在你身边

And I'm sorry I couldn't show you that yesterday.

我很抱歉昨天没有那样做

I met my birth mother.Was it...Are you OK?

我见了我的亲生母亲 她是...你没事吧

Hey, man.Yeah?So, Caroline tells me you've been on your own the past 2 weeks.Is everything OK?

嘿 哥们 怎么了 卡罗琳告诉我 这两周你都是一个人过的 还好吧

You're asking me about my mom. Seriously?

你在向我打探我妈 没搞错吧

Look, man, why don't I just have her give you a call when she walks back through town?

哥们 干脆等她回镇上时 我让她打电话给你得了

Dude...That's not what I meant.OK? I'm just trying to...I don't know what to say.

伙计 我不是这个意思 我只是想 我不知道该怎么说

Well, good, man. Don't say anything,cause you're a dick. End of story.I know...Whatever.

很好 哥们 什么都别说了 你是混蛋 仅此而已 我知道 随便吧

Thanks for meeting me.I wanted you to see this.Is that Emily's spell book?

谢谢你来见我 我想给你看这个 这是艾米莉的魔法书吗

I've been going through it since Grams died.

自从外婆去世后 我就一直在读

Check this out.That's the vampire compass.

看看这个 这是那个吸血鬼指南针

Yeah. According to Emily, Johnathan Gilbert never actually succeeded in inventing anything.

没错 据艾米莉所写 乔纳森·吉尔伯特 从没成功发明过任何东西

Emily secretly spelled them all with magic.Compass.

艾米莉暗中对它们施了魔法 指南针

词汇解析

1、obvious

明显的;显然的;无疑的

the need to rectify what is an obvious injustice.

矫正明显不公的需要

Determining how the Democratic challenger would conduct his presidency isn't quite so obvious.

这位民主党挑战者将如何履行总统职务还不能明确判断。

不必要的;无新意的;缺乏想象力的

There are some very obvious phrases that we all know or certainly should know better than to use.

我们都知道或是肯定应该知道有些说法已毫无新意,最好避免使用。


2、succeed

达到目的;成功做成;办到

We have already succeeded in working out ground rules with the Department of Defense.

我们已经成功地与国防部敲定了基本原则。

Some people will succeed in their efforts to stop smoking.

一些人经过努力可以成功戒烟。

取得预期效果;表现良好

If marriage is to succeed in the 1990's, then people have to recognise the new pressures it is facing.

在 20 世纪 90 年代人们要想婚姻美满,那就不得不认识到它所面临的新压力。

a move which would make any future talks even more unlikely to succeed.

可能使今后的所有对话都更加难以取得什么成果的举动

接替;继任

David Rowland is almost certain to succeed him as chairman on January 1.

戴维·罗兰将在 1 月 1 日接替他任主席几乎已成定局。

The present ruler, Prince Rainier III, succeeded to the throne on 9 May 1949.

现任元首,兰尼埃三世亲王于 1949 年 5 月 9 日继位。

分享到