美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第18集第16期:光荣的使命
日期:2016-07-15 23:05

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

Thank you all.Thank you very much. Thank you.Thank you all for joining us tonight.

谢谢大家 非常感谢 多谢诸位 感谢大家今晚光临

In just a few moments, we will officially begin the countdown to our upcoming Founder's day celebration,

很快 我们就要进入正式的倒计时 来迎接我们的创立日庆典


And it's a very special one this year,The 150th birthday of our town.

今年的创立日非常特殊 是本镇150岁的生日

And...and I would like to welcome back one of our town's favorite sons to do the honors of ringing our official charter bell.

同时我非常高兴请回了 本镇最受欢迎的公民 来完成鸣钟这项光荣的使命

John Gilbert, would you please join me up here?

有请约翰·吉尔伯特

150 years of community, prosperity, family.

150年的小镇 我们荣辱与共 相依为命

We take care of each other,Look after each other,Protect each other.It's good to be home.

我们彼此关照 彼此照顾 彼此保护 回家的感觉真好

Look at his right hand.Whose?The town's favorite son. Look at his ring.Oh. That looks like mine.

看他的右手 谁的 本镇最受欢迎的公民 看他的戒指 看上去跟我的很像

Yeah, and that would be a big coincidence if he didn't just come back from the dead 5 minutes ago.

是呀 要不是他在5分钟前死而复生 那一定是个很大的巧合

Where the hell did you get that ring?Isobel, my wife.

你从哪搞到那枚戒指的 我妻子伊泽贝尔那里

Who gave birth to Elena under the medical care of the esteemed Dr. Grayson Gilbert, John's brother.

埃琳娜的生母 受到了尊敬的格雷森·吉尔伯特医生的 悉心照料 也就是约翰的哥哥

Oh. You think John knew Isobel?I think John knows a lot of things.

你认为约翰认识伊泽贝尔 我认为约翰知道的远不止于此

词汇解析

1、officially

官方的;正式的

According to the official figures, over one thousand people died during the revolution.

根据官方数字,1,000多人在这场革命中丧生。

An official announcement is expected in the next few days.

预计过几天会发布一项正式声明。

(解释、理由等)冠冕堂皇的,桌面上的

The official explanation for the cancellation of the party conference is that there are no premises available.

官方对取消此次政党会议作出的解释是没有场地。

The official reason given for the President's absence was sickness.

对外公布的总统未到场原因是身体有恙。

公务的;公职的;公事的

The President is in Brazil for an official two-day visit.

总统正在巴西进行为期两天的正式访问。


2、come back

回忆起;回想起来

He was also an MP — I'll think of his name in a moment when it comes back to me.

他当时也是一位国会议员,他的名字我得想一下才能记起来。

When I thought about it, it all came back.

当我回想起来,往事全都涌上了心头。

重新流行;再度时兴

I'm glad hats are coming back.

我很高兴又开始流行戴帽子了。

分享到