美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第10集第19期:共同的梦想
日期:2016-03-07 11:02

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

What do you want?I don't know.I, uh--I thought that was weird with your dad,

你要干什么 我不知道 我觉得你父亲好奇怪

What he did Is he like that all the time? Is that

他的所为 他经常那样吗 他是不是...


Is that what you gotta go through?Man, I--I get it.I get it.

你一直过着这样的生活吗 兄弟 我明白了 我明白的

What's your problem?Look, I don't need your pity.

你是怎么了 听着 我不需要你的同情

Seriously, you don't have to be like this.

说实话 你不必那这样

You don't. Just go.What's your problem, man?I don't know, ok.

不必 快走 你到底怎么了 兄弟 我不知道

I don't know.What I said before about you leaving, it was harsh.

我真的不知道 我之前说的那些 关于你要离开的话 很刻薄

No, no. You--you had every right.

不 不 你有权对我生气

You asked me what I wanted my future to be.I wanted to be a writer.

你问我对未来有什么规划 我想当个作家

My mom sort of pushed me into that direction From the time I was able to read.

我妈妈想让我向那方面发展 从我识字那一刻起就抱此期望

She supported me, encouraged me,Bought me my first journal,And then she died.

她支持我 鼓励我 第一本日记本是她给我买的 然后她去世了

And I can't see myself being a writer anymore.

我觉得自己不可能再当作家了

That was something that we shared.

因为那是我和妈妈共同的梦想

重点讲解

1、direction

方向;方位

St Andrews was ten miles in the opposite direction.

圣安德鲁斯在相反方向上 10 英里处。

He drove off in the direction of Larry's shop.

他驾车朝着拉里商店的方向驶去。

(发展)方向,趋势,倾向

They threatened to walk out if the party did not change direction.

他们威胁说,如果该党不改变方针,他们就将集体退席。

I've never done any sustained writing, but that might be one of my next directions.

我以前从未尝试过持续写作,不过那可能是我下一步努力的方向之一。

指示;说明;指路

I should know by now not to throw away the directions until we've finished cooking.

现在我知道了不该在饭没做完之前就扔掉烹饪说明。

He proceeded to give Dan directions to the computer room.

他接着告诉丹去计算机房该怎么走。


2、support

支持;赞同;拥护

The vice president insisted that he supported the hard-working people of New York.

副总统坚称他支持辛勤工作的纽约人。

The National Union of Mineworkers pressed the party to support a total ban on imported coal.

全国矿工工会向该政党施压,要求其同意全面禁止煤炭进口。

帮助;支持;支援;援助

It was hard to come to terms with her death after all the support she gave to me and the family.

她曾经给予我和家人莫大的帮助,她的死讯令人难以接受。

We hope to continue to have her close support and friendship.

我们希望她能继续大力支持,并能与她维持亲密友谊。

资助;供养;赡养

I have children to support, money to be earned, and a home to be maintained.

我要抚养孩子,挣钱养家。

She sold everything she'd ever bought in order to support herself through art school.

为了供自己读完艺术学校,她把过去购置的所有东西都卖掉了。

分享到
重点单词
  • pityn. 同情,怜悯,遗憾,可惜 v. 同情,怜悯
  • harshadj. 粗糙的,使人不舒服的,刺耳的,严厉的,大约的
  • sustainedadj. 持久的,经久不衰的