美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第15集第5期:艰难的日子
日期:2016-05-18 20:30

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

Trudie?Tru-Trudie Peterson?Yes.Uh, my name is Elena Gilbert.

楚蒂 楚蒂·彼得森 是的 我叫埃琳娜·吉尔伯特

I wanted to talk to you about Isobel Flemming.

我想和你谈谈伊泽贝尔·弗莱明的事


Well, I haven't heard that name in years.How do you know her?

我很久没听过那个名字了 你怎么会认识她

I think that, um, well...Do you know she had a baby that she gave up for adoption?

我想 嗯 那个 你知不知道她曾经生过孩子 后来被别人收养了

My god.You're her daughter.

天啊 你是她女儿

I was just gonna make some tea. Would you like some?Sure.

我刚准备泡茶 你想喝点吗 好啊

Uh, the kitchen's this way.I wasn't gonna come. I didn't think I was,

嗯 厨房在这边 我没打算要来 原本并没打算

But I was driving, and I hit this stoplight,

但我开车的时候 撞上了信号灯

And it made me think about when I was learning how to drive

让我回想起 我在学开车的时候

and then my mom would always warn me about this blind turn on the left-hand side,

妈妈总是警告我说 要小心左转弯时的视线盲区

and then I was thinking about my mom, and I have your address,

然后我就想起了我妈妈 我有你的住址

I'm sorry for barging in It's no problem.Um, just a surprise, though.

很抱歉唐突来访 没关系 只是点惊讶

I haven't thought about Isobel in years.When was the last time you saw her?

多年来我都没想起过伊泽贝尔了 你最后一次见到她是在什么时候

About 17 years ago,when she left to go have you.

大概是17年前吧 当她离家出走去生下你的时候

We kept in touch for a while,But, well, you know, people drift apart.

此后也联系过一段时间 但是 你知道的 后来就逐渐淡漠

And you don't know where she ended up?She was in Florida for a while.

你知不知道她后来怎么样了 她曾在佛罗里达住过一阵子

She was on her own, you know, she wasn't easy.

她一个人孤苦伶仃 日子过的挺艰难的

重点讲解

1、turn on

打开(设备);接通(…的供应)

I want to turn on the television.

我想开电视。

She asked them why they hadn't turned the lights on.

她问他们为什么不开灯。

对…进行身体(或语言)攻击;斥责

Demonstrators turned on police, overturning vehicles and setting fire to them.

示威者攻击警察,推翻车辆并将其纵火焚烧。

He turned on Pete and accused him of being mixed up in drugs.

他怒斥皮特,指责他沾染毒品。

依靠;取决于

The plot turns on whether Ilsa will choose her lover or her husband.

故事情节取决于伊尔莎会选择情人还是丈夫。


2、end up

(通常指意外地)最终到达

The result was that the engine ended up at the bottom of the canal.

结果引擎最终沉到了运河底。

She fled with her children, moving from neighbour to neighbour and ending up in a friend's cellar.

她带着孩子逃亡,从一个邻居家跑到另一个邻居家,最后逃到了一个朋友的地下室。

最终;结果;到头来

If you don't know what you want, you might end up getting something you don't want.

如果你不知道自己想要什么,到头来你可能得非所愿。

Every time they went dancing they ended up in a bad mood.

每次他们去跳舞,都会不欢而散。

分享到