美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第15集第11期:不可能是巧合
日期:2016-05-24 19:59

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

Stefan?Better.Me.You look, um...Dashing? Gorgeous?Irresistible?Wrecked.You look wrecked.

斯特凡 比他更好 是我 你看起来 潇洒 迷人 诱惑 烂醉 你一副醉相

No reason why.Do you know that I am one of mystic falls' most eligible bachelors?Huh. Yep.

没什么原因 你知道我是神秘瀑布镇最优质的单身汉之一吗 是嘛 没错


How are you doing? Never better.What can I do for you?I'm a barrel of favors today.

你最近怎么样 非常好 有什么可以效劳的吗 今天我可以提供无限量的帮助

It's my newfound purpose-- how can I help people?

我的人生新目标诞生了 服务他人

I'm just meeting Stefan. We're going to the fundraiser.

我只是来找斯特凡一起去筹资会

Help a guy out, will you?Can't get this.So I found out who my birth mother is.

帮我一下 可以吗 扣子扣不上 我知道我亲生母亲是谁了

Ecch. Who cares?She left you.She sucks.Stephen, there you are.Uhh. I need a bigger jacket.

谁在意那个 她丢下了你 她是个烂人 斯特凡 你来了啊 我要一件大点的外套

Wow. You know,an occasional sorority girl might, um,You know, help fill you out a little bit.

你知道吗 多喝了几个姐妹会女孩的血 身材就臃肿起来了

He's fine.He is Damon.Maybe this heartache will be good for him.

他没事 他可是达蒙 或许此次心碎对他来说有好处

It'll remind him that he has one, even if it doesn't beat.

让他察觉到自己还有颗心 尽管那颗心并不跳动

Won't hold my breath.So I went to see Trudie Peterson.

我不抱多大期望 我去见了楚蒂·彼得森

I know. I'm sorry. I didn't plan it.How was it?She has vervain.

抱歉没告诉你 我也是一时冲动去的 谈的怎么样 她有马鞭草

She knows about vampire stuff,Stephen, this can't be coincidence.

她知道有吸血鬼的事 斯特凡 那不可能是巧合

重点讲解

1、purpose

意义;用途

The purpose of the occasion was to raise money for medical supplies.

那次活动是为筹集资金购买医药物资。

Various insurance schemes already exist for this purpose.

已经有各种保险计划可以实现这一目的。

目标;目的

They might well be prepared to do you harm in order to achieve their purpose.

为达成自己的目的,他们说不定已经做好了伤害你的准备。

His purpose was to make a profit by improving the company's performance.

他的目标是通过提高公司的业绩来实现盈利。

实际上

For all practical purposes the treaty has already ceased to exist.

实际上协议已经不复存在。

To all intents and purposes the case was closed.

实际上该案已经了结了。

xxgrjmay24.jpg

2、remind

使想起;使记起;提醒

So she simply welcomed him and reminded him of the last time they had met.

于是她只是对他表示欢迎,并且提醒说他们上次见过面。

I had to remind myself that being confident is not the same as being perfect!

我得提醒自己表现得自信和表现得完美并不是一回事!

提醒(某人做某事);使想起(做某事)

Can you remind me to buy a bottle of Martini?

你能提醒我买一瓶马提尼酒吗?

The note was to remind him about something he had to explain to one of his students.

这张字条是要提醒他得向他的一个学生解释某件事情。

(因为相似)使联想到

She reminds me of the wife of the pilot who used to work for you.

她让我想到过去为你工作的飞行员的妻子。

This reminds me of Christmas parties.

这让我想起圣诞聚会。

分享到