美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第二季第4集第5期:重入爱河
日期:2016-12-12 11:08

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

Then...it won't be long before the founders draw up an investigation.

所以 创始人协会很快就会展开调查了

We'll leave town immediately. I'll tell the others.

我们得马上离开镇子 我去通知其他人


Relax, Henry.This is town is our home,and the vampires are my family.

放松 亨利 这镇子是我们的家 这里的吸血鬼都是我的家人

I won't let anything happen to us.

我不会让大家有事的

From the moment I met George,I knew he'd be a problem.

当初一见到乔治 我就知道他是个麻烦

So, you're saying that all the Lockwoods are werewolves?

你是说 洛克伍德家都是狼人

The werewolf gene runs in the Lockwood family.Not that they're all wolves.

洛克伍德家族一直留着狼人的血 但并不意味着他们都能变成狼

How many other werewolves are out there?

如今存活的还有多少狼人

I mean, is it just... limited to the Lockwoods?

我是说 只有洛克伍德家族吗

No. There are others. Not many.They're practically extinct.They mainly exist now in books and really bad movies.

不止 还有别的 但不多 他们几乎灭绝了 现在基本只存在于小说和烂片里

My turn to ask a question.Why did you keep this picture?

该我问问题了 你为什么会留着这张照片

Why not burn it? Tear it up?You wanna know why I came back?

为什么不烧了它 撕了它 你想知道我为什么回来吗

Well, I have a better question.Why did you?For Elena?No.

我还想问你呢 你又是为什么 为了埃琳娜吗 不

You came back here to fall in love with me all over again, didn't you?

你回来是为了 和我重入爱河 不是吗

词汇解析

1、draw up

草拟;制定

They agreed to draw up a formal agreement.

他们同意起草一份正式协议。

He wants his ministers to concentrate on implementing policy, not on drawing it up.

他希望部长们把注意力放在政策的执行上,而不是政策的制定上。

伸直背部;挺直身子

He drew himself up to his full height.

他把身子挺得笔直。

'Well!', said the innkeeper, drawing herself up indignantly.

“行!”客栈老板娘挺直身子愤然说道。

把(椅子等)拉近;使接近

He drew up a chair and sat down.

他拉了把椅子坐下。


2、practically

简直;几乎

He'd known the old man practically all his life.

他几乎打记事起就认识这个老人。

I know people who find it practically impossible to give up smoking.

我认识一些人,他们觉得戒烟几乎是不可能的。

实际上;实践上

The course is more practically based than the Masters degree.

该课程比硕士学位课程更注重实践。

The British are not famed for their philosophy and tend to be more practically minded.

英国人不是以其哲学思想闻名,而是往往更注重实际。

分享到
重点单词
  • tendv. 趋向,易于,照料,护理
  • tearn. 眼泪,(撕破的)洞或裂缝,撕扯 vt. 撕掉,扯下
  • extinctadj. 灭绝的,熄灭的,耗尽的
  • genen. 基因
  • limitedadj. 有限的,被限制的 动词limit的过去式和过去
  • impossibleadj. 不可能的,做不到的 adj. 无法忍受的
  • concentratev. 集中,专心,浓缩 n. 浓缩物