美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第12集第12期:鼓起勇气
日期:2016-04-06 12:58

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

I'm his legal guardian, hence the chaperoning.

我是他的法定监护人 所以陪他一起来

I hear he's very bright,Not that I've had a chance to see for myself.

早有耳闻他很聪明 还没机会见识一下


Well, his attendance record's a little spotty.Family drama.No parents?

是啊 他不怎么去学校 家里出了很多事 父母都去世了

Mm, it's just the two of us now.You, uh--you live here your whole life?

家里就剩我们两个人了 你一直住在这吗

On and off. Travel a bit.Really? Where?Around the states?

断断续续的 有时出去旅行 真的吗 都去哪 全国各地吗

Heh. I'm sorry.I'm nosy. I--I don't mean to pry.Look, it was nice meeting you.You, too.

真抱歉 我真好管闲事 我不是想打听什么 很高兴认识你 我也是

Enjoy the rest of the dance.Tonight was so much better on paper.

继续享受舞会吧 报纸上记载的年代舞会可比这有趣多了

Ah, you're just feeling sorry for yourself.Go and talk to him.Be bold and fearless.

你只是自怨自艾 去和他聊聊 鼓起勇气 不要退缩

Yeah, this coming from the girl who's been eye stalking the bartender.You're right.

但你也只不过是 坐在一边偷看酒保 你说得对

Hi.Twice in one day.Lucky me.I'm proving something to my friend.

你好 今天见到你两次了 真幸运啊 我要向我朋友证明一件事

Oh, yeah? What's that?That you don't have to sit around and wait for a guy to come up to you.

是吗 什么事 不能只是呆坐着 等着男人走到你身边

Does that mean that you're asking me out on a date?Does that mean you want me to?

这是不是表明你在约我出去 你希望我约你吗

Well, what did you have in mind?-Do you like karaoke? No.

你有什么想法吗 你喜欢唱卡拉OK吗 不喜欢

But I would really like to go on a date with you.

不过我倒真想和你出去约会

重点讲解

1、attendance

出席的人数

Average weekly cinema attendance in February was 2.41 million.

2月份,平均每周的观影人数为241万。

This year attendances were 28% lower than forecast.

今年的出席人数比预期少28%。

到(某地);出席(某活动)

Councillor Paul Tisley will be in attendance at the start of the meeting to welcome us.

议员保罗·提斯里将在会议开始时出席,以欢迎我们。

Police with riot gear and several fire engines are in attendance.

防暴警察和数辆消防车都到了。

陪同;陪伴

He lived in considerable style, travelling widely, usually with a cook, valet, butler and chauffeur in attendance.

他活得相当潇洒,通常带着厨师、用人、管家和司机到处游玩。


2、come up

走近;走到跟前

Her cat came up and rubbed itself against their legs.

她的猫跑上前来,在他们腿上蹭来蹭去。

He came up to me and said: 'Come on, John.'

他走到我跟前说:“快点,约翰。”

被提及;被讨论

The subject came up during a pre-dinner drink with our guests.

在与客人喝餐前酒的时候,有人提到了这个话题。

Jeane Kirkpatrick's name has come up a lot.

珍妮·柯克帕特里克的名字被多次提到。

即将发生;即将到来

Plan your activities so that you are rested and refreshed when something important is coming up.

做好日常规划,这样一旦发生大事,才能够从容不迫。

We do have elections coming up.

我们的确将要进行选举。

分享到
重点单词
  • boldadj. 大胆的,粗体的,醒目的,无礼的,陡峭的
  • pryv. 打听,窥探,用杠杆撬开 n. 窥探,杠杆,爱打探的
  • forecastn. 预测,预报 v. 预测
  • considerableadj. 相当大的,可观的,重要的
  • guardiann. 保护人,监护人
  • legaladj. 法律的,合法的,法定的
  • fearlessadj. 无畏的,大胆的,勇敢的
  • gearn. 齿轮,传动装置,设备,工具 v. 使适应于,以齿轮