美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第18集第4期:更紧迫的问题
日期:2016-07-03 21:13

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

They say she ODed.That's what I don't get. She was doing OK.

他们说她嗑药过量 所以我才不懂 她当时状态很好

Apparently not.How'd she end up buried in the woods?That's what I don't understand.

明显不是 她怎么可能被埋在树林里 我真搞不懂


By whomever was with her when she ODed.

她嗑药而死时 被身边的人埋了

Yeah, but you leave her there.You don't take the time to bury her.

但通常就会将尸体丢在那儿 不会花时间认真掩埋的

Maybe she saw something and Hell, man, I don't know.

也许她看到了什么不该看到的 然后 我也不清楚

The coroner's office has officially ruled Vicki Donovan's death a drug overdose.

验尸处已经正式裁定 薇姬·多诺万的死是因为吸毒过量

Her family has been notified.The truth will stay in this room,and we can put this behind us.

已经通知了她的家人 只有这间房里的人知道真相 我们就让它过去吧

Thank you, sheriff.And on to a more pressing issue.

谢谢你 警长 还有一个更紧迫的问题

John Gilbert has asked to say a few words.Welcome back, John. It's good to see you.Thank you, mayor.

请约翰·吉尔伯特来说几句 约翰 欢迎回来 很高兴见到你 谢谢你 镇长

Hello, everyone. It's wonderful to see you.I wish it were under better circumstances.

大家好 很高兴与大家见面 我也不希望是在这种情形下

As a founding family member,I find it's d duty to report some very distressing news.

作为创始家族的一员 我有责任告诉大家这个悲痛的消息

He's a Gilbert?Elena's uncle.His name's John, but I call him jackass.

他是吉尔伯特家的 埃琳娜的叔叔 他叫约翰 不过我叫他蠢货

A hospital blood bank in the neighboring county of Amherst has reported several breakins over the past two weeks.

附近艾摩斯特市的一家医院血库 报告过去两周遭数次闯入

7 hunters, 4 campers, and 2 state employees have been reported missing as well,

有7名猎人 4名露营者和2名公务员 被报失踪

All of this within a 75-mile radius of mystic falls.

这些都发生在距神秘瀑布镇方圆75英里内

OK. No need to get alarmed right at this moment.

现在还没必要惊慌

Meaning he doesn't wanna cancel the founder's day kick-off party.

是说他不想取消创立日的开幕派对

You think all of your problems are over,but I'm here to tell you nothing's been solved.

你们以为问题都解决了 但我来是告诉你们 一点儿没完

词汇解析

1、distress

悲伤;痛苦;忧虑

Jealousy causes distress and painful emotions.

嫉妒会带来忧虑和痛苦。

Her mouth grew stiff with pain and distress.

疼痛和悲伤让她嘴巴发僵。

危难;危急;危险

He expressed concern that the ship might be in distress.

他担心船可能会遇险。

The constable received a distress call, and saw two youths attacking his colleague.

这名警察收到了求救呼叫,看见两个年轻人正在殴打他的同事。

使忧虑;使悲伤;使苦恼

The idea of Toni being in danger distresses him enormously.

想到托尼正处于危险中,他心急如焚。

I did not want to frighten or distress the horse.

我并不想吓到马或惹怒它。


2、kick off

(在足球比赛中)开球

Liverpool kicked off an hour ago.

利物浦队一小时前开的球。

(事件、比赛或讨论等)开始

The shows kick off on October 24th.

演出10月24日开始。

The Mayor kicked off the party.

市长宣布晚会开始。

强使离开;赶走

We can't kick them off the island.

我们不能把他们从岛上赶走。

分享到