美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第8集第16期:爱情战胜一切
日期:2016-01-18 11:10

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

I didn't know that you guys could drink.

我不知道你们吸血鬼还可以喝酒

Oh, yeah. It helps curb the cravings,

对 酒对减轻血瘾有帮助

But makes for a lot of lushy vamps.

但却造就了很多的"吸血醉鬼"


You know, I've never seen Stefan drunk.

我从没见斯特凡醉过

He always seems so Uptight?Yeah. Yeah.

他看起来总是那么. 严肃吗 是 是

But not with you.

但和你在一起时就不会

Well, that's the benefit of knowing someone for over 100 years.

可能是因为我认识他已经过百年了

You can just be yourself.

他在我面前可以无拘无束

Yeah, he can't be himself with me.

是啊 他在我面前就不能无拘无束

Well, not yet.The first step was him telling you.

快了 他告诉你真实身份已经算迈出了一大步

The rest comes with time.You seem so sure.

剩下的需要时间 你看起来很有把握

The love of my life was human.

我当年的至爱也是人类

He went through what I imagine you're going through

他经历过的那些 我想你也正经历着

Denial, anger, et cetera.

否认 愤怒 等等

But at the end of the day,Love really did conquer all.

但是经过一路的风风雨雨 爱情最终战胜了一切

Are you gonna drink that?Oh. No.Go for it.I'm scared.

你那杯酒还要喝吗 不喝了 你请吧 我很害怕

But you're here...'Cause you're crazy about him.

可你来了 因为你是深爱着他的

I get it, ok?I mean, What's not to love?

我明白的 谁能不爱他呢

Listen. Take it from someone who's been around a long time.

听我说 听我这个老人的话吧

When it's real, you can't walk away.

当真爱出现时 千万不要错过

Hey, Lexi.It was really nice meeting you.

莱希 真的很高兴遇见你

重点讲解

1、conquer

占领;征服

During 1936, Mussolini conquered Abyssinia.

1936年,墨索里尼攻占了阿比西尼亚。

Early in the eleventh century the whole of England was again conquered by the Vikings.

11世纪早期,整个英格兰再次被北欧海盗征服。

克服;攻克

I was certain that love was quite enough to conquer our differences.

我相信爱足以克服我们的种种差异。

He has never conquered his addiction to smoking.

他一直未能戒除烟瘾。


2、go through

经历,经受(尤指苦难或艰难时期)

He was going through a very difficult time.

他正处于非常艰难的时期。

South Africa was going through a period of irreversible change.

南非正在经历一场不可逆转的变革。

翻阅;翻找;整理

It was evident that someone had gone through my possessions.

显然有人翻过我的物品。

通读;彻查

Going through his list of customers is a massive job.

查阅他的客户名单是个相当费劲的活儿。

(法律、协议等)被通过;(决定)被批准

The bill might have gone through if the economy was growing.

要是当时经济在增长的话,该法案或许也就获得通过了。

分享到
重点单词
  • curbn. 抑制,勒马绳,边石,路缘 vt. 抑制,束缚,牵(
  • denialn. 否认,拒绝
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • benefitn. 利益,津贴,保险金,义卖,义演 vt. 有益于,得
  • addictionn. 沉溺,上瘾
  • conquervt. 征服,战胜,克服 vi. 得胜
  • massiveadj. 巨大的,大规模的,大量的,大范围的