美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第12集第8期:方法值得一试
日期:2016-04-02 16:56

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

How did he get in?He was invited in.

他是怎么进来的 有人邀请他进来的

He posed as a pizza delivery guy last night.

他昨晚装扮成送披萨的

Well, he gets points for that.

看来他还挺聪明的


Did he say what he wanted?

他有说他想要什么吗

No. He was too busy trying to kill me.

没有 他一心只想杀我

And you have no idea who this is?No.

而你对此人也一无所知吗 是的

Don't look at me like that.

别那样看着我

I told you we had company.

我说过镇上有我们的同类

You think there's more than one?We don't know.

你们觉得他还有同伙吗 我们还不清楚

Damon, he was invited in.

达蒙 有人邀请他进来了

Then we go get him tonight.

那我们今晚就去抓他

You up for it?What do I have to do?

你要参加吗 我需要做什么

Let your boyfriend take you to the dance hall.

让你的男友带你去学校舞会

We'll see who shows up.That's a bad idea.

我们看看谁会出现 这是个馊主意

Till we get him, this house isn't safe.

除非我们抓到他 否则家里也不安全

For anyone who lives in it.It's worth a shot.I'll do it.

住在这里的人都有危险 所以我的方法值得一试 我愿意去做

I'll be with the two of you. I'll be safe.

我会紧跟着你们俩 不会有问题的

重点讲解

1、invite

邀请

She invited him to her 26th birthday party in New Jersey.

她邀请他去参加她在新泽西举行的 26 岁生日聚会。

I invited her in for a coffee.

我请她进来喝杯咖啡。

(正式)邀请,请求,要求

At a future date, managers will be invited to apply for a management buy-out.

在将来的某天,经理们将受邀进行管理层收购。

The person concerned would be shown the evidence in private and invited to stand down.

将会向有关人员私下出示该证据,并要求其暂时离开证人席。

招致;诱发;引发

I realise that an Englishman who generalises about Ireland invites trouble.

我意识到英国人如果对爱尔兰问题加以泛化的话会招惹麻烦。

Their refusal to compromise will inevitably invite more criticism from the UN.

他们拒绝妥协必然会引发联合国的更多批评。


2、show up

(使)清晰;(使)变得明显;(使)显现出来

You may have some strange disease that may not show up for 10 or 15 years.

你可能患有某种 10 年或者 15 年都看不出什么症状来的怪病。

The orange tip shows up well against most backgrounds.

橙色的尖端在大多数背景下都很醒目。

使难堪;使尴尬;使丢脸

He wanted to teach her a lesson for showing him up in front of Leonov.

她在列昂诺夫面前让他难堪,他要教训她一通。

She kept saying I ought to try some, but I wasn't going to show myself up.

她一直说我应该尝一尝,但我可不想丢人。

分享到
重点单词
  • evidencen. 根据,证据 v. 证实,证明
  • concernedadj. 担忧的,关心的
  • deliveryn. 递送,交付,分娩
  • inevitablyadv. 不可避免地
  • compromisen. 妥协,折衷,折衷案 vt. 妥协处理,危害 vi.