美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第二季第6集第5期:自由地出没
日期:2017-02-24 21:25

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

What are you doing here? Helping Damon.I'm the one who found out about the moon stone.

你在这儿干嘛 帮达蒙 是我发现了月亮石

Does Elena know you're here?Not exactly.

埃琳娜知道你在这儿吗 不知道


What you got?Oh, this is Isabelle's research from Duke.

你查到了什么 这是伊泽贝尔在杜克大学的研究

Her assistant sent it to me.Hmm. Vanessa, the hottie.Yeah, vanessa, yes.

她的助手寄给我的 瓦内萨 那个小辣妹 是的 瓦内萨

Now do you remember the old Aztec curse she told us about?

你还记得她说的那个古老的阿扎特克咒语吗

Sun and the moon, blah blah blah.Aztec curse, cool.Yeah, supposedly vampires and werewolves used to roam freely

太阳和月亮 什么什么的 阿扎特克咒语 真酷 我推测 吸血鬼和狼人过去可以自由地出没

until a shaman put a curse on them to limit their power. Since then,

直到巫师对他们下了咒语 来限制他们的超能力 从此以后

werewolves can only turn on a full moon and vampires are weakened by the sun.

狼人只能在满月时变身 而吸血鬼不能见光

Most of them, anyway.According to the legend,the werewolf part of the curse.

只是大部分而已 据传说 狼人的咒语

It's sealed with the moon stone.What do you mean, sealed?

被月亮石封印着 封印是什么意思

It's a witch thing. Whatever seals the curse,is usually the key to unsealing the curse.

是巫术 可以封住咒语 通常也是解封咒语的关键所在

Maybe Mason Lockwood believes he can use the moon stone to break the curse.

或许梅森·洛克伍德相信 他可以用那块月亮石去解开咒语

If we start believing in some supernatural witchy-woo legend from a picture book, we're idiots.

如果我们因为一本画册 就相信什么超自然的女巫爱情传说 那我们就是傻瓜

Who has the stone now? Tyler.Can you get it? Yeah.

石头在说那儿 在泰勒那儿 你能弄到它吗 可以

See, now your life has purpose.So you do believe it?

看吧 人生有目标啦 这么说你相信传说

Same book that says a werewolf bite kills a vampire.

同一本书上还说 吸血鬼被狼人咬了是要送命的

Ignoring it would make me an even bigger idiot.Let's go.

假装不知道显得我更像个超级大白痴 走吧

I can't believe this.It's a lot, I know.

这简直难以置信 我知道 情况太复杂了

Katherine has been doing everything that she can to drive me and Stefan apart,

凯瑟琳竭尽所能 拆散我和斯特凡

and Caroline just got trapped in the middle.

卡罗琳不幸夹在了中间

It's not that you and Stefan are pretending to fight.

这根本不光是你和斯特凡是假装吵架的事

It's that I didn't even know you guys were fighting at all.

而是我根本都不知道你们在吵架

词汇解析

1、assistant

(用于头衔或职务前,表示级别略低)助理的,副的

the Assistant Secretary of Defense.

助理国防部长

a young assistant professor at Harvard.

年轻的哈佛助理教授

助手;助理;副手

Kalan called his assistant, Hashim, to take over while he went out.

考兰叫助理哈希姆在自己外出时代理其职。

The salesman had been accompanied to the meeting by an assistant.

营销人员在助手的陪同下参加了会议。

店员;售货员

The assistant took the book and checked the price on the back cover.

店员拿起书,核对了一下封底的定价。

She got a job as a sales assistant selling handbags.

她得到了一份手提包售货员的工作。


2、purpose

意义;用途

The purpose of the occasion was to raise money for medical supplies.

那次活动是为筹集资金购买医药物资。

Various insurance schemes already exist for this purpose.

已经有各种保险计划可以实现这一目的。

目标;目的

They might well be prepared to do you harm in order to achieve their purpose.

为达成自己的目的,他们说不定已经做好了伤害你的准备。

His purpose was to make a profit by improving the company's performance.

他的目标是通过提高公司的业绩来实现盈利。

分享到