美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第16集第8期:试着改变
日期:2016-06-10 14:39

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

So, uh, Matt, how do you like working here?Uh, it's not that bad.

马特 在这儿工作感觉怎么样 挺不赖的

Wait staff comes out pretty good.

当服务员比想象中好


You know, they can't keep a bartender to save their lives.

酒保总不能包揽所有活计

I actually put my mom up for the job.How's that been having Kelly back?

其实 我推荐我妈来做酒保了 凯丽又回来了 感觉怎么样

You know, the same old Kelly.She's, uh, she's trying, sort of.

你也知道 还不是老样子 她...也在试着改变

Kelly and my mom were best friends growing up.

凯丽是我妈妈最好的朋友 从小一起长大

That's how Matt and I first met.

我和马特就是那么认识的

We shared a crib together.You're kidding.

我们还睡过同一张婴儿床呢 不会吧

No, we've, uh, known each other our whole lives.

是啊 我们从生下来就认识了

You gotta be kidding me.Where are you going?

开什么玩笑啊 你们去哪儿

Bethanne and I are going out for a bit.Hit the town. Kick up our heels.

我和贝瑟恩要出去一下 去镇里转转 舒展下筋骨

But we're not supposed to leave.Miss Pearl made that very clear.

可我们不能随便出去 珍珠小姐已说得很清楚

You gonna stop me?I didn't think so.Anna. Surprised?

你打算阻止我吗 劝你还是算了 安娜 意外吗

I, uh, I thought you and your mom were leaving town.Oh, change of plans.

我以为你妈妈要带你离开小镇呢 计划有点变动

I'm sorry. I thought you'd be psyched.No! No, no, I mean, I am.

抱歉 我以为你会很高兴呢 不不不 我是说 我很高兴

Of course I am.All right, then.Step aside.

当然高兴了 那好吧 让我进去

Don't be grumpy.It can't be that bad.You'd be surprised.

别闷闷不乐 事情不会那么糟的 你无法想象

My primary reason for existence has abandoned me.

我存在的全部意义已弃我而去

And, after today's events,the remains of the shaky ground that I walk on are about to go kaboom.

再经过今天的事 我心存的最后一丝希望 也要灰飞烟灭了

重点讲解

1、go out

外出交际;外出娱乐

I'm going out tonight.

我今晚要出去玩。

It will be a marvellous occasion and they should go out and enjoy it.

这是个好时机,他们应该出去痛快地玩一玩。

与(异性)交往;与…谈恋爱(或有性关系)

I once went out with a French man.

我曾经同一位法国男子交往过一段时间。

They've only been going out for six weeks.

他们相恋才6周时间。

不复存在;被替代;过时

Double-breasted suits went out years ago.

双排扣的套装好多年前就过时了。

The weapons had gone out of use.

这些武器已经被淘汰了。


2、kick up

开始(大吵大闹)

Those customers who have kicked up a fuss have received refunds.

那些大吵大闹的顾客得到了退款。

They kick up a rumpus and throw things at each other.

他们吵了起来并互相朝对方扔东西。

扬起(灰尘或土)

She shuffled along, kicking up clouds of dust.

她拖着脚走路,带起一团团灰。

分享到