美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第5集13:评头论足
日期:2015-11-16 09:37

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

No friend discounts.No freebies.No pay ya laters.
不打友情折扣 不发赠品 不接受赊账
We are not running a charity here.
我们不是在做慈善
No, we are not.The event is called sexy suds, you know.
不 绝对不是 活动可是叫"性感"洗车节 你俩知道吧


Did we just get scolded?
我们刚刚是被批评了吗
And judged, yeah.I'm sorry,
也被评头论足了 没错 不好意思
But I guess you're going to have to take that off.
不过我想你得把外衣脱了
I think you have to go first.
我想你得先脱
Ok.Ok, um--sorry,So not sexy.I disagree.Uh-uh, no.
好吧 对不起 太不性感了 我可不同意 别
None of that tortured pining stuff.
别搞的像个自我折磨的怨妇
I'm just observing.Tiki. This one's yours.
我只是看看 蒂琦 这辆归你洗
Why do I always get the homely oness?
为什么我要洗的都是又丑又大的
Just to be clear, your car's a P.O.S.
我得说清楚 你的车是个垃圾货
I mean, we can wash it, but it's still a P.O.S.
我是说 我们可以洗 可它还是个垃圾货
You don't have to be rude.Rude is uglying up the road with that junk.
你不用这么不礼貌吧 把这种破烂开上路 破坏公路形象才不礼貌
Wet and wild, Tik.
湿漉漉的野性啊 蒂琦

重点讲解

1、discount
减价;折扣
They are often available at a discount.
它们经常进行打折销售。
Full-time staff get a 20 per cent discount.
全职员工享受 20% 的折扣。
给…打折;打折出售
This has forced airlines to discount fares heavily in order to spur demand.
这迫使航空公司对机票大幅打折来刺激需求。
Tour prices are being discounted as much as 33%.
旅行价格打了 6.7 折之多。
认为(某种思想、事实、理论)不重要;不全信;认为…不相关
However, traders tended to discount the rumor.
然而,商人往往不相信这一谣传。
This theory has now been discounted.
这个理论被打了折扣。
2、take off
(飞机)起飞
We eventually took off at 11 o'clock and arrived in Venice at 1.30.
我们终于在11点起飞,1:30 到达威尼斯。
(产品、活动、事业等)腾飞,突然成功
They need to expand the number of farmers who are involved if the scheme's going to really take off.
这个方案要想真正成功,他们就需要增加参与的农场主的人数。
In 1944, he met Edith Piaf, and his career took off.
1944 年,他结识了伊迪思·比阿夫,从此他的事业开始腾飞。
(突然)离开,走开,走掉
He took off at once and headed back to the motel.
他立刻离开,回到汽车旅馆。
He took himself off to Mexico.
他突然动身去了墨西哥。

分享到
重点单词
  • rumorn. 谣言,传闻 vt. 谣传
  • expandv. 增加,详述,扩展,使 ... 膨胀, vi. (谈
  • junkn. 垃圾,废旧杂物,中国平底帆船 vt. 丢弃
  • charityn. 慈善,慈善机关(团体), 仁慈,宽厚
  • eventuallyadv. 终于,最后
  • disagreev. 不一致,有分歧,不适应,不适宜
  • rudeadj. 粗鲁的,无礼的 adj. 粗糙的,粗野的
  • schemen. 方案,计划,阴谋 v. 计画,设计,体系,结构,图
  • availableadj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的
  • discountn. 折扣,贴现率 vt. 打折扣,贴现,不重视,不全信