美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第一季第11集第10期:全是文学虚构
日期:2016-03-18 11:26

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

You can open your eyes now.I didn't want to scare you.I didn't want to scare you.

你可以睁开眼晴了 我不想把你吓到 你怎么知道我在哪

Well, your grandmother told me what you were doing.

你外婆告诉我你想做什么


I guessed the where.I heard them.Down there.Behind the door.

我猜应该是在这里 我听到了 他们就在下面 门后面

Are they in pain?In the beginning--yes. But not anymore.

他们很痛苦吗 一开始痛苦 后来就不会了

They've been starved to the point of dessication.

他们已经饿成干尸了

But if they have blood--That's not going to happen, Bonnie.

但如果他们有了血 那是不会发生的 邦妮

They can't get out.Emily saw to that when she had you destroy the crystal.

他们出不去 艾米莉借用你的身体毁了水晶 万无一失了

You're safe.Ready...Ready...That's 3.Do you need a bib?

你安全了 预备... 开始 三次了哦 需要给你一个兜嘴吗

Sorry I can't unhinge my jaw like a snake to consume alcohol.

抱歉我不能像蛇一样调整下巴把酒灌下去

Whatever. All right.Who's next?Another round, Bree.

不管怎么样 好啦 下一个是谁 再来一轮 布瑞

Honey, you should be on the floor.I am not even drunk.

亲爱的 你早应该醉倒了 我一点都没醉

My tolerance is, like, way up Here.All right, here you go.

我的酒量可大了 到这么高 好了 接着喝

So, you have no idea where the journal is?

所以你不知道日记在哪

Nope, gramps died and all the kids split his stuff.I can ask.

不知道 祖父死后子女们分了他的财产 我可以去问问

I just find it weird that our ancestors kept the same kind of journal.

真是怪异 我们祖先都留着同样的日记

It's crazy.I can ask.No, It's gotta be a metaphorical.My ancestor wrote short stories.

真是疯狂 可能真是基于真实事件的呢 不 绝对只是隐喻 我祖先是写短篇故事的

So, that's why you're hung up on the fiction of it all.

所以你才坚定地相信完全是文学虚构

No, I'm hung up on fiction of it all Because I've seen"the lost boys" And "near dark,"like, 50 times.

不 我相信那是文学虚构 是因为我看了《迷失男孩》和《黑暗降临》 差不多50遍

Are those movies?Hey. I've never seen them.Maybe we can have a fright night

那些是电影吗 我从来没看过 或许我们该弄个惊魂夜

And rent a whole bunch of vampire movies.Uh, yeah, sure.

租一大堆吸血鬼的电影 是的 当然了

重点讲解

1、starve

挨饿;饿死

A number of the prisoners we saw are starving.

我们看到的一些囚犯快要饿死了。

In the 1930s, millions of Ukrainians starved to death or were deported.

在 20 世纪 30 年代,有几百万乌克兰人饿死或被驱逐出境。

使挨饿

He said the only alternative was to starve the people, and he said this could not be allowed to happen.

他说唯一的其他选择就是让人们挨饿,又说这是绝对不允许发生的。

Judy decided I was starving myself.

朱迪认定我在让自己挨饿。

使极其缺乏;使迫切需要

The electricity industry is not the only one to have been starved of investment.

投资严重缺乏的不光是电力工业。

The most damaging thing the West could do is to starve Russia of new foreign capital.

西方能够祭出的最阴险一招就是不让俄罗斯得到新的外资。


2、consume

吃;喝;饮用

Many people experienced a drop in their cholesterol levels when they consumed oat bran.

很多人食用燕麦麸后胆固醇水平下降了。

serving chocolate ice-creams for the children to consume in the kitchen.

端上巧克力冰激凌让孩子们在厨房里吃

消耗,耗费(燃料、能源或时间)

Some of the most efficient refrigerators consume 70 percent less electricity than traditional models.

一些极为节能的冰箱比传统型号耗电减少70%。

plans which will consume hours of time and deplete your cash reserves.

要花费若干小时并消耗你留存备用的钱的计划

分享到
重点单词
  • starvevi. 挨饿,受饿,(将要)饿死 vt. 使挨饿,使饿死
  • depletevt. 耗尽,使 ... 空竭
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • experiencedadj. 有经验的
  • metaphoricaladj. 隐喻性的,比喻性的
  • alcoholn. 酒精,乙醇,酒
  • tolerancen. 忍耐力,宽容,容忍,公差
  • fictionn. 虚构,杜撰,小说
  • alternativeadj. 两者择一的; 供选择的; 非主流的 n. 替换
  • splitn. 劈开,裂片,裂口 adj. 分散的 v. 分离,分