美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第二季第1集第12期:不知道规则
日期:2016-10-25 11:45

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

Hey, guys.Hey, Matt.I, uh, I heard that Caroline was doing much better.

你们好 马特 我听说卡罗琳好多了

Her recovery was practically miraculous.You must be so relieved.I am.Thanks, Elena.

她的恢复堪称奇迹 你一定放心多了 是的 谢谢 埃琳娜


His eyes are so blue.You need to leave now.

他的眼睛好蓝 你必须得走了

You're hurting my feelings, Stefan.Damon was much happier to see me.

你让我真难过 斯特凡 达蒙看到我可开心多了

Then again, he thought I was your girlfriend.

还有 他认为我是你的女友

So. Katherine, I'm not doing this with you.

凯瑟琳 我是不会这样的

Ok, how about we don't have a couple's fight in front of all your friends.

好吧 我们是不是不应该 当着你所有朋友的面吵架

Walk with me?Just tell me what you're doing here.

跟我走走 告诉我你来这里干什么

Maybe I missed you.Is that an acceptable reason?What game are you playing?

也许是我想你了 这理由能接受吗 你到底在搞什么鬼

Why, you want to play with me? I don't know.How can I play if I don't know the rules?

问这个干嘛 你想一起吗 我不知道 我不知道规则怎么跟你一起

No rules, Stefan.Don't you remember?No rules.

没有规则 斯特凡 你不记得了吗 没有规则

Looks like the whole town has turned out.

看着好像整个镇子的人都来了

Yeah, well, he is He was the mayor.

是啊 他可是 他曾是镇长啊

Why don't they save it for the funeral?It's what people do.

为什么不等到葬礼的时候再来 人们都这么做

The Lockwoods were here for us when we went through this.

我们经历这些的时候洛克伍德一家也来了

It'll be quick.We'll drop off the food and pay our respects and go.

很快就好 我们放下食物 表达哀悼 然后就走了

In and out? Sounds like a plan.You guys go ahead.I'll, um, I'll be right there, ok?

一进一出 听着像是策划好的 你们先走 我随后就到 好吗

词汇解析

1、relieve

缓和,缓解,减轻,解除(不愉快的情绪或形势)

Drugs can relieve much of the pain.

药物能够大大地缓解病痛。

This should save her from boredom and will also relieve the pressure on you to keep her entertained.

这能使她不会感到厌倦,而且也会减轻你的压力,不必总想着逗她开心。

解除(或免除)…的职务

The officer involved was relieved of his duties because he had violated strict guidelines.

那名相关的官员被免除了职务,因为他违反了要求严格的规章制度。

The party leader has been relieved of his post.

这个党的领导人被免除了职务。

接替…的职位;代…的班

At seven o'clock the night nurse came in to relieve her.

7点钟的时候夜班护士来接她的班。


2、turn out

(以某种方式)发生;最后是;结果是

If I had known my life was going to turn out like this, I would have let them kill me.

如果我早知道自己的人生结局会是如此,我当时宁愿让他们杀了我。

Sometimes things don't turn out the way we think they're going to.

有时事情并不像我们认为的那样发展。

原来是;结果发现

Cosgrave's forecast turned out to be quite wrong.

科斯格雷夫的预测最后证明是大错特错。

It turned out that I knew the person who got shot.

结果发现我认识那个中枪的人。

关掉,熄灭(电灯、煤气等)

I'll just play until the janitor comes round to turn the lights out.

我会一直玩到门房过来熄灯。

分享到