美剧精讲《吸血鬼日记》第二季第4集第21期:卑鄙的勾当
日期:2016-12-28 20:36

(单词翻译:单击)

吸血鬼日记

I hated that fight.I know, me, too. It felt too real.

我讨厌那样跟你吵嘴 我知道 我也是 咱们演得太逼真了

Did you see Caroline?Yeah.

你见到卡罗琳的表情了吗 嗯


We were right. Katherine got to her.She was hanging on to every single word.

我们没猜错 是凯瑟琳逼她这么做的 她说的那些话都是凯瑟琳教的

Then it won't be long before Katherine gets a play-by-play.

凯瑟琳应该很快就知道我们吵架的事了

I wish I was wrong,but I know Caroline too well.

我真希望是我误会了 可我太了解卡罗琳了

It was so obvious that something was up today.

很明显今天的事有点蹊跷

You're not wrong. It's pure Katherine.She's always finding somebody to do her dirty work.

你没误会 这就是凯瑟琳 她总会找人为她干些卑鄙的勾当

I think Damon was listening to us fight, too.

我觉得达蒙也听到我们吵嘴了

Are you gonna tell him that it wasn't real?

你会告诉他我们是在演戏吗

The only way Katherine's gonna believe it is if everybody believes it.

只有大家都相信我们吵嘴了 凯瑟琳才会相信

It's the best way to make her think she's getting what she wants.

只有这样她才会相信她就要得偿所愿了

All this...just to get you back.

她做这一切 只是为了重新得到你

That's not why she's here. Ok?No matter what she says.I know her.

她来这里不是为了这个 好吗 别听她胡言乱语 我太了解她了

Katherine doesn't care about anybody but herself.

凯瑟琳只在乎她自己

She never has.She's incapable of love.

从不在乎别人 她心里根本无爱可言

She's here for another reason.

她来这里肯定另有企图

George.Your carriage is waiting.Well done, George. Thank you.

乔治 你要的马车在那边 干得好 乔治 谢谢

Now on to your part of the deal.

现在该兑现你的承诺了

If anyone learns of my escape,I will find you. And I will kill you.Don't think that I won't.

要是有人发现我逃跑了 我一定会找到你 然后杀了你 别以为我做不到

We shall take each other's secrets to our grave.Now you must hurry.

我们都把彼此的秘密带进坟墓吧 你快点赶路吧

词汇解析

1、hang on

等一会儿;稍等

Can you hang on for a minute?

你能不能稍等一会儿?

Hang on a sec. I'll come with you.

稍等,我跟你一起去。

(面对困难或阻力)坚持不懈,不泄气

Without the support of my parents I would have probably cracked up completely. But I managed to hang on.

假如没有我父母的支持,我可能已经彻底垮掉了。但我还是坚持了下来。

Manchester United hung on to take the Cup.

曼联队坚持到了最后,夺得了足总杯的冠军。

保住;守住

The British driver was unable to hang on to his lead.

英国车手没能保住自己的领先地位。

The President has been trying hard to hang onto power.

总统一直在设法抓住权力不放。


2、get back

恢复(原来的状态)

Then life started to get back to normal.

随后生活又恢复了正常。

I couldn't get back to sleep.

我再也睡不着了。

对…进行报复

The divorce process should not be used as a means to get back at your former partner.

不应该在办理离婚手续上报复以前的伴侣。

I'm going to get you back so badly you'll never to be able to show your face again.

我要狠狠地还以颜色,让你从此无脸见人。

回到,重提(原来的话题)

It wasn't until we had sat down to eat that we got back to the subject of Tom Halliday.

我们直到坐下来吃饭时才又提起汤姆·哈利迪这个话题。

分享到